Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Internet differences between users

Mercefulmerc

I've been running alot lately, into people with severe disability's in purchasing appropriate internet. Everyone seems to only, be able to expend, $2.50 on their connection, and everyone who does spend a good dollar more, looses out because that previous person is the host, and the following people who connect, can and might drop out due to that poor connection.

Is there anyway you guys can create a way, to detect who has the higher bandwidth or capable internet connection someway? To maybe automatically and instantly migrate the host? Prior to the current setup of host migration? Because i've had 6 mission's in the last 2 days where 5 of those hosts have all fallen out, or, lost enough bandwidth, that his constituents all dropped out including myself, loosing all experience gained and/or items picked up in the process. (Because they're too poor or un-witty to setup a decent viable connection for themselves.)

Gaining Experience has never been left up to chance in these regards. It should and, always has been, guaranteed! Granted you put in the neccesary work. Not when other people cost you though, and intervene uneccesarily in these manners. Hopefully something can be down about this! Hopefully.

Edited by Mercefulmerc

you can set limit on your ping and it will connect you only to certain people, it works sometimes ...

button "I want to be host" would be nice

I used to have really trashy internet and I was hosting all the time and everyone was lagging and now I have super beast and I could host games for half of the playerbase and I get connected into game where host is weak and I cant do anything about it ... some option that would make you priority for hosting would be great idea, while some people could turn it off so they will be only guests .. if there is host available

The game doesn't switch hosts mid game for stability reasons. If u want to host your gonna have to start a mission alone and then either invite ppl or wait for some to join. Once your mid-mission the host wont change (usually).

Edited by Ghost_1302