The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Need Help With My Latron Prime.

Procession

Question

Hey guys, I've read on the wiki that Latron Prime is the type of weapon that you should use Crit mods on so I've dumped a few direct damage mods to do so but it still seems a bit lackluster unless I'm head shotting the enemy. Is it just not a valid end game weapon or am I modded wrong? What type of mods should I be using with it? Thanks in advance!

11 answers to this question

The Latron is awesome, the Latron Prime even more so.

However, crits multiply your damage. If there is no damage, there isn't much to multiply. Don't ditch your damage mods for the crit mods!

To get the best out of your Latron Prime, do it like my clanies and me: forma the hell out of it :D

The Latron is awesome, the Latron Prime even more so.

However, crits multiply your damage. If there is no damage, there isn't much to multiply. Don't ditch your damage mods for the crit mods!

To get the best out of your Latron Prime, do it like my clanies and me: forma the hell out of it :D

Do you guys recommend that I skip out on quicker reloads and magazine size and just go straight damage? I wasn't sure if the down time from reloads was worth having a bullet that hits a helluva alot harder.

Do you guys recommend that I skip out on quicker reloads and magazine size and just go straight damage? I wasn't sure if the down time from reloads was worth having a bullet that hits a helluva alot harder.

Absolutely. 

Agreed with advices from above, critical is a major amplifier of modded damage, so you really want the weapon to be as high damage as possible.

As for the issues you are having:

0. I would not try crit build with normal latron, latron prime is the bare minimum I would bother with. This is due to 10% crit on LP, vs 7.5% crit on L.

1. Crit build is very point intensive, expect to potato + multi forma it to reach its true potential. A half hearted attempt will not give you optimal results, might as well go standard in that case.

2. You must have maxed multishot, in order to mitigate a major weakness of crit build: inconsistent damage. It's an indirect crit chance booster of sort. The other mitigator is a high rate of fire, which applies to flux and grakata, another discussion.

3. You must have maxed piercing hit with Latron prime, you can do without vs infested, for which I recommend dual fire mod, wildfire + hellfire, vs ancients aim for legs (NOT head).

4. Latron / Latron prime will cease to become effective for >endgame<, basically high level enemies with their major armor will cut down a lot of your damage. A maxed piercing hit can delay the point when this happens, but won't be enough to stop it from happening eventually.

5. Even properly powered up and with all the right mods for a true crit build, Latron / LP will still under-perform other true endgame candidates.when you are doing high end content, eg. T3 void defense, high end def waves. Before that point though it's a very nice gun with a great feel.

6. The most similar weapon to Latron in nature and made for a crit build is the Snipetron Vandal, a far more superior candidate for crit build, it is also endgame viable due to innate AP damage. I hope you have it. Even if you really like LP's feel (and you can still use for non-endgame), you will have to swap to SV against enemies of a certain level.

Finally, a rough damage comparison for Crit amplifier between Latron, LP and SV:

A) Latron = 7.5% base crit

maxed crit chance mod (+150%) = 18.75% crit

Multishot (+90%) = 32.5% crit (not 35.6%), includes 3.2% chance of double crit

Maxed crit damage mod (+120%) = +170% total damage, assume no hammer shot

Average bonus damage from crit alone = +60.68% damage, 32.5% crit consistency

B) Latron Prime = 10% base crit

Modded crit % = 25%

Multishot modded crit = 41.9%, includes 5.6% chance of double crit

+170% crit modifier (without hammer shot)

Average bonus damage from crit alone = +80.7% damage, 41.9% crit consistency

C) Snipetron Vandal = 20% base crit

Modded crit % = 50%

Multishot modded crit = 72.5%, includes 22.5% of double crit

Average bonus damage from crit alone = +161.5% damage, 72.5% crit consistency

Edited by finalgenesis

6. The most similar weapon to Latron in nature and made for a crit build is the Snipetron Vandal, a far more superior candidate for crit build, it is also endgame viable due to innate AP damage. I hope you have it. Even if you really like LP's feel (and you can still use for non-endgame), you will have to swap to SV against enemies of a certain level.

C) Snipetron Vandal = 20% base crit

Modded crit % = 50%

Multishot modded crit = 72.5%, includes 22.5% of double crit

Average bonus damage from crit alone = +161.5% damage, 72.5% crit consistency

^THIS, so much.

I've used (potato and 3Forma) my LP for a long time, then got the taste on Torid. Lately I've evolved my Vandaltron, and omg. Playing the high mobile or endless defs there are (cyanth, pluto's and ceres') you'll be amazed by the sheer boom of Snipetron Vandal. On paper it looks OP, if you hit those weakspots it's just.. :D And my Serration is still missing 30% dmg (last two steps), rest is maxed, but hey, I'll never let go vs Grineer or Corpus anymore :D

^THIS, so much.

I've used (potato and 3Forma) my LP for a long time, then got the taste on Torid. Lately I've evolved my Vandaltron, and omg. Playing the high mobile or endless defs there are (cyanth, pluto's and ceres') you'll be amazed by the sheer boom of Snipetron Vandal. On paper it looks OP, if you hit those weakspots it's just.. :D And my Serration is still missing 30% dmg (last two steps), rest is maxed, but hey, I'll never let go vs Grineer or Corpus anymore :D

If you thought the Snipetron Vandal was overpowered, wait until you get the Lanka. It makes the Snipetron Vandal look like a joke, a possible analogy of how the Acrid makes the Despair look inferior.

If you thought the Snipetron Vandal was overpowered, wait until you get the Lanka. It makes the Snipetron Vandal look like a joke, a possible analogy of how the Acrid makes the Despair look inferior.

Oh, rly?

Sure, raw damage wise, the 250 is superior. But it has charge and flight time, iirc (don't own it). The only two downs which made me not build 5 Fieldron and sacrifice 20 Galliums and another Forma to it. But eventually I'll build it, you make me think man!  

Inb4 farming more for this :D

Oh, rly?

Sure, raw damage wise, the 250 is superior. But it has charge and flight time, iirc (don't own it). The only two downs which made me not build 5 Fieldron and sacrifice 20 Galliums and another Forma to it. But eventually I'll build it, you make me think man!  

Inb4 farming more for this :D

If you're used to bows, the charging mechanism is easy to get used to. As for flight time, it's negligible, as the projectile speed of the "bullet" is around 200 m/s. In comparison, the Boltor is 65 m/s and the Dera is 100 m/s.

With the high base damage and superior damage type, the Lanka probably does the highest damage per shot in the entire game. If you add a Max Speed Trigger (which you should, as the base charge time is a bit long for some people), you can basically hold an entire side in one of the larger defense maps.