Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Focus system implementation

(PSN)trixydog123

On the face of it. I like focus 2.0. It makes your focus traits more integrated with your operator, as it should be. Every focus school is valid, and no traits are over or underpowered.

But the insane amount of time required of dedicated focus farming is unbelievable.

I am forced to put aside the rest of the game just to advance in one aspect of it. The yellow focus orbs that drop are just inconveniently placed, forcing you to backtrack if your not playing defence. And they don't make much sense. Why should your operator learn more from a magic lightbulb in the space of 45 seconds than he/she learns in an entire exterminate mission without one?

The focus cap is just nonsense and shouldn't be there.

You should be able to earn focus points by playing the game in any way, not just one. I would increase the percentage of affinity converted to focus by 10-20% and make it so that sorties give a minimum amount of focus . Make it so that kills with a max level mote Have a very high affinity conversion rate (as right now you have almost no incentive to use your oporator). Finally I would lower the upgrade costs of each focus trait.

Any other suggestions? How does the rest of the community feel about this?

Edited by (PS4)trixydog123
Typo

Devs are aware this was a mistake and a rework is scheduled, we just dont know when it will be released. They mentioned that they will make the focus pool common for all schools, lower the requirements of nodes and remove the daily hard cap and put a soft cap where you will get less if you farm it for too long. I just hope they make the nodes more relevant to the warframes or make the operator useful outside the plains because right now  I see no reason to progress the operation outside of the plains, and the only thing there that requires the operator is the eidolon hunt anyway. So lets see how this turns out.