Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Opticor with multishot

Loli-kon

Question

Hey folks hoping someone can set me straight.

So I have this opticor riven with 120% multishot, and combined with split cham it totals to +200% multishot.

I am aware that multishot technically doesnt change the damage since all it does is fire an additional beam according to the %, but for some reason the additional bullets dont change the ingame damage numbers. Using a maxed heavy cal I can visually confirm 3 beams, but the damage number is still equivalent to just a single beam. Shouldn't the ingame damage numbers sum all the damage done by each beam, for a sum of 3 x the damage of a single beam? I've been doing a lot of tests in the simulacrum and the damage number with no multishot is the same as that with +200% multishot. All the beams are hitting the same location on the target, and I always only see one damage number regardless of multishot. I'm honestly going crazy right now...

Hope someone can save me from destruction...

2 answers to this question

I believe the damage is calculated individually, at least I know it's like that for my Rubico, I see 2 damage numbers separately, since both bullets deal damage at the same time. Now I never actually used the opticor myself but I wouldn't be surprised if the damage numbers would blend together and wasn't always visible to you. I'm pretty sure you did, but try testing the actual damage dealt by shooting on the same spot of one enemy, then the same spot on a different one with the mods on, and see if you do more Actual Damage to their health or not. 

Thanks for the insight Emilot.

Went back and tried doing test to see the actual damage inflicted on the hp with and without multishot.

The tests concluded that multishot does NOT change the actual damage inflicted. This was tested on an opticor with nothing (as control) and a single split chamber mod (as test) on corpus crewman lvl 50. The damage done to the hp bar was the same regardless of control or test which leads me to believe multishot is somehow bugged on opticor... (unless I screwed up badly which I in fact welcome cause I hope this isn't an actual thing). Any further input from the community would be greatly appreciated.