The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Flux Or Supra

Ventias

Question

:'( so hard to choose between the two. I know that supra has more base damage but its way less accurate than flux. While flux is more accurate but has a short reach.

I have tried settling down between the two, but its hard to choose when i cant find any damage test videos after Update9 for the flux.

So im kind of stuck since i only want to spend one forma to create a new weapon for now, what do you guys think?

Edited by Ventias

6 answers to this question

If it's a range thing you're concerned about. You're basically going to be using both at medium range. The Flux's beam doesn't extend that far and the Supra isn't accurate enough to hit far away targets.

Since the recent update the Flux has become my favorite of the two.

The thing is with the Supra, it is both ammo hungry and efficient (hear me out first) in some way. When it is blasting at full fire rate it'll chew ammo, best used for boss kills. But when you're running around if you try to just tap the fire button and have the thing modded fairly well you can basically 1-2 shot most light enemies. With that 90 round clip it'll be a while before you re-load as well.

The flux has faster reload, and it is very accurate. In fact, I've noticed that ever since I started using it, I've gotten better at aiming other weapons lol.

Of course owning both would be best, but if I was limited to building only only one right now it would be the flux, because it takes less fieldrons to build as well and is more fun to use.

I prefer the Flux Rifle, because it is a very versatile weapon that can be used against pretty much anything. It ignores armor and deals triple damage to infested (excluding Ancients). The Supra is also a very good weapon with insane DPS when modded and forma'd, but it is mostly a boss killing weapon. Go for the Flux!

I like my Flux a lot more all around. I would day the same as the previous posters here and also just look up the stats of each on the wiki(I have pretty much confirmed everything on both of those two weapon's pages) and you will see quite a difference in strength. Flux is also easier to craft too.

Alright, so correct me if im wrong, flux is better all round except for boss battles. 

Thanks for the feedback =)

one more question, how does the flux bar in boss battles compared to other rifles? (how fast can it get bosses down)

Alright, so correct me if im wrong, flux is better all round except for boss battles. 

Thanks for the feedback =)

one more question, how does the flux bar in boss battles compared to other rifles? (how fast can it get bosses down)

Pretty well if you have a decent serration (mine's only rank 6 atm), full split chamber, along with maxed armor piercing. It's got a pretty nice clip size so you can just hold the trigger. Also, the reload time is less than the flux, so you don't have to equip a fast hands or anything too.

You're also likely to land more shots than with the Supra. I can stay medium distance and still focus the beam, whereas on the supra I have to get up closer.