The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Indicators, gameplay enhancements

betasec

I have been playing for a while, and I guess there are some small things which could improve the gameplay.

1. Have the team mates health and armor indicated on the hud with their name, alway on, or at least optionally always on.

Why?

- you can pull them out from pinches

- be ready to revive / heal them

Currently this indicator is hidden and only visible after pressing a button -> why?

2. Make the time spent on ground a bit longer, and also, I noticed that sometimes you die quicker, sometimes you can hang on for almost a minute, why? Also, crawling only works backwards, and only when you are aiming in a specific angle, why? Its a pain to crawl into cover like that, if even possible.

3. Indicate deadly injury, and not just on the minimap.

Why?

- because it is very easy not to pay attention to the map

- if you are out of range, you are most likely miss it (even if the X is present)

- the teammate indicator could solve this

4. Make the alarm system reasonable. Now, anytime the enemy spots us, its over, there is no delay, we can't react, and that feels like being cheated. I feel that there is an other possible way to go through a level - using stealth. But if there are more than 2 people in the room, it is impossible to counter sounding the alarm, and that is annoying, even though the consequences are small.

So, why not put a longer delay on the enemies sounding the alarm? Also indicating that there is an enemy trying to call reinforcements. And probably letting only one of them do that action in the room, so it is possible to shut them down in time.

Why?

- it could be a badass way to go through levels silently

- stealthy gameplay could be rewarded, supported, lots of us love that style of playing

5. Don't let the infested do lockdowns. They are mindless husks, and the ship shouldn't operate on its own. Its just a minor thing, yet still, as the Grineer and the infested never use the laser doors or the ceiling turrets, this might be a logical thing to do.

6. PLEASE let us counter lockdowns. Backtracking is very-very lazy in a sense, since the levels are modular as they are. Give us something, an action which could be used to avoid lockdowns, maybe we could kill an enemy before it hits the button?

7. Put the pods near the objectives. Just like that. We are getting in through the ceiling, why can't we use pods near the boss/objective rooms? Again, with the backtracking.

I hope these ideas are not far-fetched, and some will be considered.

Cheers,

betasector

Yeah, the pod thing is not as important, and logically it shouldn't be a straight line neither. Still...

I'd also add something to the opening post:

Ping/latency indicator for teammates and for the player too. So we know where is the problem when the game starts lagging.

betasector, if I may: about the ping indicator, only the "joiners"[players that joined the team] should have the ping indicator, the host is... well... the host and shouldn't need that indicator...

also, on a side note to this thread: I really hate looking up to check my shield/health or down to my ammo counter... so I noticed that the crosshair has 2 curved lines and thought to myself: "those could be useful to check both shields and health (the left line) and the current ammo on clip (the right line)" of course this would mean either making another type of hitmark or another type of crosshair... dunno which would be better...