Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Should "dera" Be Modded Any Different Than Normal Ar's Are?

CultOfPersonality

There are only two routes to go on any weapon (mostly). That's either a crit build or a rainbow build (elemental mods). The base crit chance on the Dera is only 2.5%. So that means rainbow mods are the way to go. In other words: serration, split chamber, cryo, fire, shock, and armor piercing. Then whatever else you want on top of that.

Not at the moment, as far as I know.

Laser damage scales better at high levels than regular damage, but we only have one major damage increasing mod that everything uses, so there's no consequence when picking mods. There are the new anti-faction damage mods which increase base damage, but again, there's no scenario I can think of where the Dera would take one but a regular gun would not.

There are only two routes to go on any weapon (mostly). That's either a crit build or a rainbow build (elemental mods). The base crit chance on the Dera is only 2.5%. So that means rainbow mods are the way to go. In other words: serration, split chamber, cryo, fire, shock, and armor piercing. Then whatever else you want on top of that.

I don't think that's true anymore. The anti-faction mods increase base damage if the Wiki is right, so they increase elemental as well. Vs Grineer for example a +30% to base damage next to your Armor Penetration and Damage mods will do more than a +90% fire mod.

If you don't know what you're facing, having Armor Penetration damage and +30% to every faction might even be better than rainbow, since base damage is always the highest number to begin with and we're dealing with % increases.

I don't think that's true anymore. The anti-faction mods increase base damage if the Wiki is right, so they increase elemental as well. Vs Grineer for example a +30% to base damage next to your Armor Penetration and Damage mods will do more than a +90% fire mod.

If you don't know what you're facing, having Armor Penetration damage and +30% to every faction might even be better than rainbow, since base damage is always the highest number to begin with and we're dealing with % increases.

You may be correct here. I'm sure somebody will do a spreadsheet soon enough.

Still, if the best version is dependant upon swapping mods every time you face a different faction, I'll take the slight loss in DPS just to set my mods once and leave it.