The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Good Torid Mod Layouts?

Aeshi

Question

Only a day or two until I can finish crafting my Torid, but I'm not quite sure what mod loadout to use, anyone got any advice? (assume it has a Catalyst and 1 or 2 Formas)

Here's what I'm thinking of so far, but I'd appreciate some feedback, preferably from anyone who actually has the Torid:

Serration (14, Polarized)

Split Chamber (15, Polarized)

Cryo Rounds (9)
Piercing Hit (9)
Fast Hands (7)
Wildfire (9)
Speed Trigger (9)

Prehaps I should try and squeeze a Stormbringer on there just in case I use it vs Corpus?

13 answers to this question

Serration (14, Polarized)

O_O

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UeOXsA8sp_E

*edit* That loadout looks fine BTW. You could always swap out Wildfire for Stormbringer if you fight corpus. If you really wanted to be gung-ho on the Torrid you could add a couple more polarity slots to squeeze in that Stormbringer too, and swap it for Hellfire vs infested. You should probably wait until you get to play around with the Torrid for a bit before you make that decision though. It's a pretty situational weapon IMO.

Edited by Fretless

why the hell Piercing Hit??? torid insta gib lvl 50 acients. i have no prove that it apply more damage or what ever.

replace Piercing Hit with enemy specific mod: bane of ... .

and you will see big damage boost. for example even naked warframe can solo xini till wave 15 very easy.

From what I know, Serration and Piercing Hit would only affect the direct hit of the grenade. While that can be useful, the Torid is supposed to be for closing off choke points and not direct damage. I would say to stack up the other element mods, fire rate, and mag capacity.

You definitely want Cryo for the slow affect and Electrical for the stun chance.

From what I know, Serration and Piercing Hit would only affect the direct hit of the grenade. While that can be useful, the Torid is supposed to be for closing off choke points and not direct damage. I would say to stack up the other element mods, fire rate, and mag capacity.

You definitely want Cryo for the slow affect and Electrical for the stun chance.

Seriously? You'd think the wiki would mention something like that (assuming that's true)

So something like this?:

Cryo Rounds (9)

Split Chamber (15, Polarized)

Fast Hands (7)

Wildfire (9)

Speed Trigger (9)

Hellfire (11, Polarized)

Stormbringer (11)

Edited by Aeshi

Both Serration and Piercing Hit affect the gas cloud.

how do u tested this information? i see no difference on armored targets with piercing hit

Right before I made that post I went in-game, put just Serration and Piercing Hit on my Torrid, started up a grineer mission, fired some gas clouds around the mobs, and observed the damage numbers. Serration works, and it will increase the damage of your elemental mods too like normal. Piercing Hit also works, and it deals 50% more damage to grineer like you'd expect from an AP damage mod.

Torid builds are as much damage as possible and as quickly as possible. I'm working on forma 3 of 4 planned.

You can fit with 4 forma and potato maxed:

Serration

Split

Hellfire

Piercing hit

Wildfire

Cryo rounds

Speed trigger

Fast hands

Must forma 2 V, 1-, and last can be anything to take down the 9-value mods to 5. I suggest D to get Cryo in early while levelling.

I run without Fast hands or Speed Trigger, just because when coupled with Bastille on its preferred environment(Chokepoints on defense), there's no reason to hit fast, just to hit hard.

Serration 14

Split Chamber 15

Hellfire 11

Stormbringer 11

All forma'd

Wildfire 9

Cryo Rounds 9

Piercing Hit 9

And for S#&$s 'n giggles, Hammer Shot, or mag size.