Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Excess Resources, Make Em Useful For Something

DeadlyNerd

Dojo construction aside, due to reasons I really cba to come up with for the ignorant crowd.

Excess resources, even if they don't take up any space, or cause any inconvenience whatsoever are a very frustrating sight. If anything at least let us sell em for credits.

However, I've a rather more intuitive solution, universal resources.

Concept:

BPs for common,uncommon and rare universal resources.

These BPs can be bought at the market for a certain moderate amount of credits(credit sink). Each resource in each category has a BP which requires exactly that resource.

Using the BP and paying some foundry fee, a certain amount of resources will be transformed into universal resources.

The amount of universal resources acquired through this process will be equal to a percentage of used resources.

Universal resources can then be used as a substitute for other resources in that tier.

Apart from making a completely new feature, foundry would have to be modified a bit to allow selection of where BPs would use universal resources as substitutes.

Goal of this feature is to make use of useless, usually common, resources and at the same time create a credit sink for those millions of piled up credits.

The only downside to this is that certain needed resources will be easier to acquire at certain points in time(you won't have excess resources all the time, specially not rares). This would in turn lower the sales of resources for platinum.

Neat idea. Personally I think (only tangentially related I know) that rare weapon parts - paris prime lower limbs spring to mind - should be able to be combined together to create other parts.

Ie: 3x Paris Prime lower + 50,000 credits + 12 hours = 1 Paris Prime Upper / 1 Paris Prime Blueprint / 1 Paris Prime string 

Then people like me, who have 10 paris prime lower limbs, and 5 strings, would feel that all those void runs wasn't a waste of time. I mean, I could probably forge a bow purely from lower limbs at this point. I've probably got enough raw material. 

the problem with universal resources is that it takes the distinction out of each area and people will just end up finding the most efficient mission for farming the common/uncommon/rare that they need and you'll end up concentrating your whole playerbase on those few missions

i dont necessarily agree with the buying of blueprints but i do agree with the idea.

though im not sure about the universal parts thing. if i understand correctly these can be substituted for any of the selected resources it sounds exploitable not a bad thing but people would figure out the best resources to farm for this and be able to make anything.

just combining two or more common resources into uncommon and again from uncommon to rare would be good.

but  amounts would need to be figured out for this.

the problem with universal resources is that it takes the distinction out of each area and people will just end up finding the most efficient mission for farming the common/uncommon/rare that they need and you'll end up concentrating your whole playerbase on those few missions

This is the issue, and while they could balance the conversion so that it's not worth farming other resources, they could also just balance drop rates.

What this guy said:

This is the issue, and while they could balance the conversion so that it's not worth farming other resources, they could also just balance drop rates.

Although, while that's a legit problem, there are already missions that are specifically farmed for certain resources. Tweaking BPs, so that acquired universal resources don't exceed what can be farmed through those ideal missions, can completely fix the problem.