Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

For Excaliber Users: Do You Use Superjump?

Lucilius

Question

I use it to get around to hard to reach places or to quickly get from one platform or another.  Or if I'm surrounded by annoying infested that are constantly knocking me down and Slash n Dash isn't moving me for some reason, I'll super jump straight up and come down with a melee attack.for some breathing room.  

I use it to get around to hard to reach places or to quickly get from one platform or another.  Or if I'm surrounded by annoying infested that are constantly knocking me down and Slash n Dash isn't moving me for some reason, I'll super jump straight up and come down with a melee attack.for some breathing room.  

Hmmm, interesting.

I must be doing something wrong with it, as its "3x the normal jump" is not so high with me.

Height of 4 / 4 / 5 / 6 in-game metres. This is not increased by Power Range (Stretch).

That's from the wiki. The 3x jump thing is not entirely correct. As for usage, I love this ability. Combine this with Heavy Impact like Neemaru said and the Ogris and you will never want to run around again. 

Edited by AvatreDaemonSadi

Hmmm, interesting.

I must be doing something wrong with it, as its "3x the normal jump" is not so high with me.

Mine is rank 2, and for getting breathing room, it just has to be higher than a normal jump.  I'm honestly not sure it's 3x the normal height either but its more.  When I play my other frames I find myself missing the skill.

I love Superjump.  I always take my Excal Prime to the void (unless we're doing defense) because some days it seems all the wall are coated in Teflon.  It's also my preferred frame for farming with a maxed Master Thief.  Superjump makes getting to a lot of those hard to reach places on corpus maps a lot easier.

I use it all the time, super jump + mid air slash dash is a great way to cover extra distance. I've also found if you spam 2 while getting ready to release from a wall run he'll do a super jump off the wall instead of a normal jump, great for covering vertical distances or getting that extra distance to activate heavy impact as mentioned above.

I do, I believe stretch also increases the jump (or above mentioned pendragon and focus as i use both). On astroid levels I can jump from the ground floor in boss rooms to the balcony no problem. Its fantastic for movement through levels and makes me feel awesome.

On high level infested defense I use it to get out of swarms of ancients and radial blind on the way down. (Slash dash would take me too far from the pod for too long while still leaving my team exposed)

Over all yes I love the jump

Edited by MortalEngine

I never EVER did until I got the Shockwave (??) mod. It's the one where the farther you fall the more damage your ground pound does etc. It's really fun and most definitely a noticeable difference in damage. Otherwise to me it's a waste of a slot. My Excal Prime has one of his ability slots swapped for a V, which kinda sucks now that it's actually worthwhile to run super jump!

Edit: Mod is called Heavy Impact, not Shockwave...

Edited by Firebat86

I use it all the time for various situations. Excalibur's mobility is crazy good thanks to Slash Dash and Super Jump. I find that I can navigate through the maps a lot faster on Excalibur than on any other frame. While neither is required to move around efficiently, both just make Excalibur extremely fun to move around with, and help you clear those large vertical or horizontal gaps with ease (without the need for something like the Dual Zorens). As JDP04 pointed out, with max Streamline, it's extremely cheap to use and with a Heavy Impact mod, you'll find even more use for it. With a maxed super jump, max focus, and a Pendragon helmet, you'll be able to reliably trigger heavy impact since it'll go to as high as 11m I believe. :)

Super Jump really is quite an underrated skill. It's either you hate it or you love it, and in my case, I love it. It's my favorite Warframe skill, bar none. :D

I use it for basic movement every now and then. I'm potatoed, but I don't have any spare forma to drop on my frame, and I'm not exactly sure what I'd put in there. I usually do a lot more gun-play than power-play.

I use it for basic movement every now and then. I'm potatoed, but I don't have any spare forma to drop on my frame, and I'm not exactly sure what I'd put in there. I usually do a lot more gun-play than power-play.

Me too. Hence the very upgraded shield and health mods, as well as a shield recharge mod that my Excal have. But am getting tired of this "pseudo-tank" gameplay I ended up with. Excal really isn't a tank, so why should I mod it as such?

I use SuperJump in tight spaces, or when a platform is tough to reach. I use it another reason for fun, I use SuperJump then I use Radial Javelin, :D

I hope this helped you!

-Yzero

I don't think I have a big enough energy reserve for that one. Radial Javelin alone is 100 energy points + Super Jump and I might end up with enough energy to do one last Slash Dash or none at all.

That would be awesome though.

Now I am thinking of using my FORMA on my Excal frame.

I love using Super Jump, Slash Dash, then a slide to get crazy distance. If I were about to land in a group of baddies I'd swap the slide for Radial B or J. It'd literally make me a flash or frag grenade.

Meh, you must have uber amounts of energy, or at least an energy recharge mod.

I use it all the time!

Superjump is affected by Focus, meaning your jump "Strength" is dictated by the same card that increases your ability damage. This makes it extremely easy to justify the use of Superjump in a supercharged Excalibur.

A tip: if you use superjump while sprinting, quickly tapping crouch the moment you are airborne will give you incredible forward momentum, propelling you forward and effectively doubling your distance. This can reduce the need to Slash Dash at the top of a jump to clear gaps, saving you energy in the long run.