Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Cetus Fishing Tournament Concept

Ketjelly

Does anyone remember the old booty bay fishing tournaments? They were a weekly event that helped spice up the mundane side profession that was fishing in World of Warcraft. 

Warframe's fishing however, I find quite fun and skill based, so why not have a similar tournament in Cetus? Instead of being a several hour long event every Sunday, I think it would work much better if it was a short stopwatch mode with conditions that limits fishing gear (we all know how easy fishing can be with dye/pharoma). Having the condition, fishing spot, and time of day randomized would keep every week different and fresh (basically just copy the sorties formula lol).

The stopwatch could run for about 2-5 minutes before finally scoring players based on how many fish they caught, and how big they are. Two things that I think would also work well would be to give extra points for smaller fish, and for hitting far away fish (smaller targets = more points). Finally there could be a leaderboard showing the week's top scores. 

The rewards probably would not have to be much, as it would probably be better as a fun side event than like a weekly sortie. Rewards could be given based on easy, medium, and hard score tiers for 250, 500, or 750 points (lined up with the scoring system of course). 

All in all, I'm just spitballing my ideas here. I really enjoy Warframe's fishing, and am glad it is being expanded upon with stuff like having fish tanks in our orbiters.