Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Why I hate the Plains of Eidolon

PrometheanLegacy

Hi there,

the "Plains of Eidolon" (PoE) are my most hated level in the the game - or the only one I hate at all. I want to say why.

I like the idea of introducing a semi open world to the game. I could image the whole game go this way, so that you visit planets and choose your missions there or explore the different planetsides on your own. But it should work with the Tenno narrativ and the mysticism around them, so that you do not become some kind of space-mercenary.

But the PoE I hate for its overwhelming effects, mostly. In most missions you are surounded by high gras, trees as well as cliffs where it is hard to identify the enemies (or crates for missions) while you are constantly bombarded by explosions and fire from all side while the screen is shaking. After many of these missions I have rapid heartbeat. Many enemies can fly and shoot from above, slow you down or capsize you and this from all sides, while you see nothering else than fire, shaking grounds and brown grass. Than comes these constant screaming from the Grineer as if they are some kind of drunken maniacs. I prefer to fight Corpus or Infested. The newly introcued Ghouls now come from the ground and are a pain in the a**, no matter the level.

I was never a fan of the Grineer because they are ugly as hell, in there rotten state. One should release them from their misery of existrence. I wish one could see more enemy factions in the future which are more ... enjoyable to look at. Even the Infested have there own beauty.  

Mostly, I use the PoE for running around, testing combos or fishing and such stuff. A little bit relaxing in the game. The hunt for the Eidolons I have not tried so far.

One can call me sissy but this is my opinion.

Regards and a nice Christmas vacation time.

I think PoE is alright. I want to see the Tenno being reacted to as an entity that exists in a universe one that also has different cultures and life forms, that's what makes all this a little more believable. I in fact hate it when stories have you and your faction be at the Epicenter of the entire universe all of the time, some intermissions between it could prove to be the exploration you might just have wanted and get to see a side of the Tenno you never thought you'd get to see, how they would work with other cultures and how their influence could affect them.

So, for me, the idea of being mercenaries to these civilizations is neat, in fact that's actually the right way to go about them, the Tenno are great at being this and that's the aim that should be taken with them. How it's done or if it's overdone, Now that I could talk about in all honesty, because I too believe there's a limit to how far you can take these before you break the image of the game, but I say again, I don't think the Tenno should be the epicenter of everything.

Having that said, there's a few issues going on in the PoE, not so much with the plains themselves. No what I take a lot of issue with in the plains, is those Gates. That's a problem with the matchmaking system / lobby of squads, it's just awful in PoE, at least 10 times worse than it is in the solar system. I had to wait up to 2 minutes sometimes at the second gate, only for the session to just expire and be thrown back out to Cetus and I don't think a 10 Mb/Sec connection is insufficient for this, that's just absurd, you shouldn't need even 20 Mb/sec of bandwidth to be able to hold a group of 4 people in a mini-game, that seems very overkill to me when all other games I play online work perfectly.