The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Help Pick A Frame

Vocal

Question

I've been using Excalibur since the beta,

now I want to build another frame to change things up, give me a suggestion on which frame has the most different play style from excal.

I've looking forward on building a rhino but I dunno...

oh and non of the female frames plz, Iv'e checked them out and non of em' clicked.

11 answers to this question

I would recommend getting Rhino first. He is currently one of the most versatile Warframe around, despite his crippling speed. With the Vanguard Helm, he can be modded for a variety of playstyles, and there are very few Warframes who are as versatile as Rhino. Another point to note, with Rhino's high base shields and moderate health, Rhino is an extremely newbie-friendly Warframe. The boss you fight to acquire the components, Jackal, is also pretty easy to beat, and is situated in a low level planet. The other Warframes are farmed in Higher level planets, so I recommend getting Rhino first. Edited by X3Evanescence

Saryn is an amazing frame, but female...

if you like Rhino, he is a good choice overall.

If you like Defense, Frost, or if you like a hardy quick mover, Ash.

If you are using Cash, Vauban all the way, as he is a very versatile, if not squishy, frame. Just hard to get without platinum. 

Edited by Scheifen

Rhino's a reliable frame, but he plays alot like Excalibur, albeit slower.  If you truly want a different playstyle consider Frost or Vauban, where Excal and Rhino like to get up close and personal, Frost and Vauban prefer ranged attacks and support.

rhino is a good frame but he plays like a slower less squishy excalibur.

before the drop rates went up on neural sensors and control modules i would have suggested loki as you could almost get him incidentally while farming the rare mats. 

If you are after something completely different to cal, Vauban if you have plats, loki or a caster (ember is easy to get and likely to get buffed in update 10, banshee and Nova are hard to get but offer a good contrast.) 

Frost is awesome but requires a little bit of patience as he is very slow and relies on snow globe to get him out of trouble which can be slow going.

I kinda feel like Mateodon and Dussack are the only ones that is sticking to my question,

OK so, is Ash really worth it cuz I've been hearing that he is pretty useless..? :/

ps: I don't touch plats

pss: I'm not asking which frame is the best, I'm asking which frame plays most differently from Excal.

Edited by Vocal

Excalibur is a movement based DPS ability frame. It's also designed to be more general than most of the others. So I'd take a look at some of the more specific frames...

Vauban: Complete change, abilities are mostly not for DPS, and the one that is relies on strategic long term DPS placement. Will encourage use of completely different weapons, including Torid which syncs well with Vortex particularly.

... You know, that's really it. Rhino is as mentioned rather versatile, and you don't want a female frame. The other male frames tend to be movement/DPS based. Rhino might work, but ultimately if you're trying to break out of a current playstyle he's not going to do much for it. He's more a generalist, excepting his speed deficit. Banshee would've been my other mention, since Sonar changes how you play as well, but you've noted not wanting her. If you do choose to go for Vauban, he's perfectly possible to get without spending plat - I've earned all my Warframes rather than buying them, Vauban just requires a little patience.

I kinda feel like Mateodon and Dussack are the only ones that is sticking to my question,

OK so, is Ash really worth it cuz I've been hearing that he is pretty useless..? :/

ps: I don't touch plats

pss: I'm not asking which frame is the best, I'm asking which frame plays most differently from Excal.

Ash is useless in defense, but generally speaking he's a good frame.  He plays a bit like Excalibur though, he's faster and more stealth oriented, but he's still an up close offensive type of frame.

If you've changed your mind about females Nyx offers a very different playstyle from the others, rather than kill the enemies she makes them kill each other.  Otherwise Frost or Volt both play very different from Excalibur. 

Edited by Mateodon