Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

What If Enemies Scaled In A New Way... And Something About Mods

Volt_Cruelerz

First off, I'm all for overhauling the way that enemy armor system works.  That said, if/when that happens, unless health is increased a lot to compensate, enemies will lose a lot of their effectiveness against players.  As such, I present the following idea...

What if enemy speed scaled?  Not quickly, but let's say a level 100 enemy moves 30% faster than a level 1 enemy and a level 1000 enemy moves 60% faster?  Some sort of logarithmic scaling to enemy movement and attack speed could be a nice way to increase difficulty without turning enemies into a different form of bullet sponge.

Also, a thought I came up with months ago but forgot about until today, was "what if enemies have the effect of the mod they drop?"  If an enemy will drop redirection, it gains the max bonus from redirection.  If an enemy is to drop Split Chamber, it has 90% multishot on its gun.  If it's not applicable to them, they just have no bonus (obviously a Lancer won't have any use for Focus).  This too would make gameplay more diverse by changing up enemies a bit so they're not all the same.

Thoughts?