The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Diamond Skin, How Does It Work?

shot_ods

Question

hello, i'm just curious about how the mod "Diamond skin" (+18% laser resistance) works. mainly, does is afffect damage from corpus weapons? does it affect damage to shields, or just health? does it deserve a place on my shield tank build?

thank you for reading and hopefully responding, have a nice day :)

-shot_ods

4 answers to this question

never use resistance mods. They completely useless atm. You'd be better off just maxing vitality, redirection, and steel fiber. 

Anyway i guess it does reduce damage from corpus weapons, and since its resistance it should reduce all damage taken, including to shields. If you're going for an actual full fledged tank build with no damage mods or anything, then i guess you could put it.

Diamond Skin lowers the damage done by Corpus and most of the Corrupted (minus the Corrupted Heavy Grineer or Ancients), and it might work on the Traps and Door lasers too. I'm 80% sure it works for both shields & health.

I suppose it could be useful, but I've personally found it a tad too situational for my liking and would rather spend the slot on something more general-purpose like Fortitude instead.