Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

The War Within (PS4) - a (relative) Noob's POV (Spoilers / Solutions Included)

(PSN)PandaPapa146

***SNIP***

Just spent the last hour trying to do this...on PS4.

It procced once, so I knew it was doable. But, which buttons to use for transference, 'cause the one (L1) was not functioning?

Answer: 'Circle' to zap it, then, touch the big 'touchpad' between the sticks for immediate transference...then, go burrow your way to freedom.

Cheers!

***END SNIP***

Greetings, the a/m snip was a message I posted on a related thread. Later, and, after I got 'trapped', or, more correctly, 'locked-in' the end-game portion of this Quest, I thought I would add my comments (PoV) about some confusing bits that might be relative to PS4 console players, and hopefully, you won't get 'stuck' in the Queens' Room like so many before...

The Golden Maw Fight: as above, but, there is no need to (try to) burrow under the golden gates - just fly straight through them!

The Queens' Guard Fight: Once you've returned from your ship, you will 'explode' into the Queens' Chamber and emerge from your WF to begin the fight; then, Tenshin says, "you're a real brick for coming back to get 'im...etc..." or words to that effect. 

In a nutshell: a guard will jump down and be (taking a swipe or 'blinking' / teleporting) at you non-stop. Tenshin stands fast; if he doesn't, as it may be after you've defeated all guards, whatever...just mega DPS him...it's not really a fight at all as he is easily defeated...then, he stands fast. To defeat the guard, exit the WF, stun with 'Circle' then use 'Void Dash' (L1 + tap 'X') to fly through the guard, which, if successful, will illuminate a bright red pattern, which is the same (or similar) as appears on the big knots of the ropes surrounding the throne of the Queen and the (adorable) Worm; once seen, exit Transference and return to your WF, then go ham on the guard with DPS++. Once defeated, exit the WF and use R2 to zap the patterned knot. Watch your energy state and Do NOT zap more than one at a time; I did 2 or 3 in one go, and then, two guards descended and entered the affray. Simply, rinse and repeat, as before...however many times it takes to defeat all guards.

Destroy the Queen: Watch your energy state, as careful use of the zap will be prudent...not like wot I did for the first 10 minutes. lol   Anyway, exit your WF, then run close to the mound to try stay ahead of her deadly ray - which will follow you as you move in any direction, even, if you stand still. Not a good idea. If you need to build your energy up, return to your WF and zip about the place till all good numbers are UP! Then, exit WF and zap (R2) her shield with blasts to weaken it; not sure if there is a specific indicator as to when it is effectively 'down', but, when my energy levels were sufficient, after a continuous clockwise or anticlockwise gallop (for a bit of a change), and a steady stream of zaps, I had enough energy to try 'Void Dash' (L1 + tap 'X') a few times, aimed straight at/through the maggoty Queen. After about anything up to and beyond (memory fail) 20+ tries, it unexpectedly worked, and I emerged from her chest like a triumphant 'Alien' mit (her) Crook in hand. Hurrah!

That's it! Job done! What follows is some Tenshin make-up scenes atop the Mount, where (Orikin) 'wisdom' is bestowed...or, something is swallowed, at least! lol

Comments: 

1. This was not fun.

2. Lag++ played its miserable part, too...as the correct buttons were pressed, but, action was not in real time - so, I got walloped a lot...an awful lot.

3. There was little or no relevant info for PS4 players on button equivalents re these last bits; at least, none that my extensive search could turn up. (Hence, this post!)

4. Getting 'locked-in' to this Quest for not knowing how to 'escape' or 'exit' or 'proceed' (see no. 2 above), is rather typical of (one of) the major failings of WF re new Players, i.e., a scant lack of relevant information provided in a timely manner, 'in-game', and, in a 'noob-friendly' manner and easy-to-comprehend set of instructions.

5. The Worm was played to perfection both in movements and dialogue: kudos to those responsible. Bring back The Worm! lol

6. There needs to be an 'escape' or 'pause' function added to this Quest; to be 'locked-in' for whatever reason(s) and unable to 'escape' the Quest is ridiculous, imho. It needs a fix, for those that follow...

That's it for now. Good luck!

Cheers!

• 4 weeks later...

I wish I had your notes before I stressed myself out. 

I was in full rage when I realized they were going to slow walk me back through the snow before the mission completed. I didn't want to risk leaving this quest uncompleted. 

Over 1 hour of unenjoyable trials. I know what I won't ever be doing. Replaying this game with a new profile. 

At least the archwing portion was quick I guess. 

Edited by (XB1)glassj0
Incomplete