Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Need A New Planet...

rksk16it

Where defense waves start from level 300 and increment by +20 lvls each wave.. ie wave 2 is lvl 320, wave 3 is lvl 340...

Seriously, there are other threads which discuss how we are too powerful, and one common response from people is "remove mods" or "dont bring frost/vauban/nova" etc..

Regarding "remove mods and play" :

Mods are not only a way to increase the overall strength of the frame (in terms of power, tankiness, etc..) but also a way of customization. A power based warframe like Nova who takes Vitality, and another Nova who takes Constitution.. both are slightly different. If you remove all the mods then everyone will be same and it will be dull.

Regarding "dont bring frost/vauban/nova"

Kindda too late for this. The game, especially defense missions, are now designed around the fact that you bring atleast frost/vauban with you. Nova just increased the threshold above which you get to see the enemies, which is not much different from what Saryn did, except the increment is large.

Nowadays getting to the level where you get to see mobs in defense is extremely high, it will take a lot of time to clear first few dozens of waves, cuz of the simple fact that they wont come all of them at once.

Regarding the responses relating to "reward" :

I dont want any special reward from them. What I find fun is to put to test my theorycrafting/numbercrafting. I like to see the combination of mods I picked, weapons I picked, etc.. perform better than the last combination I tried. Unequipping those mods will defeat the whole purpose of this. And I am NOT asking Nova to stop one-shotting everyone. That player is doing his job, thats what Nova is designed to do : damage. Asking them to NOT do damage is like asking them to leave the game.

no matter how strong you can get right now.. try killing a level 100 elite quickly.. now take that and x10 because its not linear.. each unit is a bullet sponge or just each unit is a boss.. or stronger.. why would this be an idea. no idea

i dont think we are too strong however there needs to be a reason to go on harder levels, right now there is no point.. otherwise its fine

Edited by DeathByTeaCup

no matter how strong you can get right now.. try killing a level 100 elite quickly.. now take that and x10 because its not linear.. each unit is a bullet sponge or just each unit is a boss.. or stronger.. why would this be an idea. no idea

i dont think we are too strong however there needs to be a reason to go on harder levels, right now there is no point.. otherwise its fine

I already stated the reason/reward in my original post : trying out things. And to try new things means measuring them against your current settings (mods/weapons etc).

And yea, they are bullet sponges cuz u r trying to kill everything with bullets, which may not be the case with me...

I did a t3 defense and that was all I needed for a challenge, lol! But seriously if we wouldn't have had a vauban or frost then we have lost bad and they were only at 135! So challenge wise I'm happy with what they have right now..

what else can you do? spells do less than bullets vs really high levels.. for example a ogris or supra or flux all do more.. not sure what else you might mean.. and killing level 300 mobs with powers?

Oh really ?

You wanna check this thread : https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/89370-vemon-kill-hosts-cpu/#entry989494

Edited by rksk16it

Lol, what is this?

I'M TOO STRONG ME NEEDS LVL 9001 MOBS SO I CAN TEST ME.

That is a very blunt way to put it, but yes. Though slightly misleading on "I'M TOO STRONG" part. Its not only "I" who is too strong, its the warframe design. With warframes like Nova/Saryn out there, and dunno what more will come, only way to try out new things is to have super high level enemies. The other way is nerfing the crap out of those who one-shot entire waves, but that will result in the amount of QQ more than the storage capacity of server's hard disk.

Edited by rksk16it

We first need to fix the bullet sponge, crap AI, armor scaling, and exponential progression issues.

Agreed. And if those issues are indeed gonna be fixed then before that, fixes should be done on game-design, ie. remove all 1-shot-room-clear abilities, add cooldown to them, or anything like that so they are used when REALLY needed. Unlike the current state of the game where a player can as well make a looping keyboard macro and go afk and come back after 5 waves to collect the reward.

But if warframes are keeping those spammable braindead abilties, then high level enemies with absurd scaling and bullet sponges is actually needed to make players stop thinking with their fingers and actually use their head to optimize their gear/mods/spell combos etc.

Edited by rksk16it