Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Enemy visual level progression

Phoenix7540

From my experience there's not much of an indicator of how powerful your opponents are other than their level and effective health pool and the damage they deal to you. It would be nice to see some visual differences, even if they're minor ones to differentiate weak from strong enemies. Perhaps add attachments, color shifts and syandanas as well as low MR to high MR weapons to the Grineer and Corpus and make the higher leveled infested bigger and more grotesque looking to make them stand out. They don't have to change every single enemy according to this, but it'd be nice to see some changes in progressing when fighting the most common enemies like your basic Corpus crewmen and Grineer Lancers to justify them being as weak or powerful as they are. While it'd be a massive update would it be worth the investment? What do you think? Are enemies fine as they are or should they be updated.

l6qHTEO.png

Don't get me wrong with this post. I love warframe for all it's worth, I haven't been as invested in a game as I have warframe in years, and this is one of the few pieces of criticism i can really have with this game. Without threading into the larger issue of game balance the only real visual difference between low and high level play is the more restrictive nature of your builds. Less frames and weapons are viable against higher leveled enemies which hurts creative freedom, you're forced to use the essential mods and weapons otherwise you would be wasting your and your teams time.

For the most part, I follow what you're saying (I can recall the days of Golden Axe where different colors meant different levels of difficulty, ah, nostalgia). We do have some of that with the different mini-factions within the various enemy groups (Nightwatch, Kuva, --is there an equivalent in the Corpus? Maybe the Index?) but this is only to a certain degree. I have often wondered about having sayandanas and armor pieces on the enemies since there are obvious armor/sayandana choices that are clearly Grineer/Corpus in design yet we never see them used by the enemy (at least not that I've seen).

On a completely different note: your image with the coconut crabs attacking the man...very amusing. They're intimidating but docile creatures and I can't help but wonder where the original image came from and for what purpose!

22 minutes ago, (Xbox One)Spaztic Magic said:

On a completely different note: your image with the coconut crabs attacking the man...very amusing. They're intimidating but docile creatures and I can't help but wonder where the original image came from and for what purpose!

unrelated but this was very wholesome and i smiled, thank u