Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Improvement On Defense Tier Rewards

matrixEXO

Currently, Defense rewards are varied based on the faction and enemy difficulty. Personally, as I foresee more content and items are being added, Defense rewards *MAY* get a little too packed with things. Obviously, this is only when looking at the worst-case scenario.

My suggestion is to separate the loot reward pool into four types, up from the current three. The first is based off the enemy difficulty, forming the tiers. These tiers are staged in the manner of "every 10 waves, the tier will change upwards" and each tier introduces better chances for existing rewards and newer rewards to be introduced into it, but not one reward will never have more than 25% chance of getting it to keep it more random. The rewards introduced are taken at random from a pool of pre-selected mods, cores, keys, blueprints and other new shiny matter that may be introduced.

The next is enemy faction type. These rewards will always be available from the first tier onward. This way, not only does fighting any faction at any location will be viable for faction-based rewards, it also means that one tier isn't necessarily overshadowing another tier apart from the chances to get those rewards. Such example of faction-based rewards are Thunderbolt, Handspring and Retribution.

The third are static loot. These loots exists during certain tiers and will either remain there from then onwards or will be removed then the next tier is accessed. Void Keys are the perfect example of static loot.

Lastly, the new inclusion into the pool selection is the location of battle. Fighting on the Galleon versus the Cave should be of varied pools. What is introduced into the selection is the pool selection on each tier upgrade. IE: The Galleon can have a pool of Grineer mods while the Void has a pool of Void mods. In a more detailed example, The Galleon will have the mods of Offensive polarity while the Cave will have mods of Defensive purposes. The pool can then vary even further with differing blueprint availability and other new inclusions.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

Now that I'm done with my initial explanation of my suggestion, here's my breakdown on why I suggested certain things:

The reason for why I suggested a 10 wave till next tier is so that certain tier items can be much easily obtainable as compared to before. Such an example is the Tower 1 and 2 Void Keys. Additionally, this would also mean that certain loot that would be deemed unnecessary (such as common or uncommon mods during tier 6) can be cycled off the list since the chances to get them is easier on average and they do not fit the higher tier reward list.

I suggested an implementation of 25% chance max to obtain a reward because the current system tends to follow a strict rule which apparently causes certain rewards to be able to even reach 70% chance in a run. This means that at average, the chance to get a different mod is 30% but the chance to get a specific mod is less than 10%, almost all the time. As such, reducing the chances of obtaining a single reward to 25% maximum would theoretically increase the chances of obtaining other rewards. Obviously, this does not NEED to be included into the game if DE doesn't like it.

TL;DR: We need a pool based on location that we do battle in, not just based on faction type and enemy level.

Edited by matrixEXO