Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

First Level On Mercury Should Be A Scripted Mission (Terminus)

Tainted_Fox

today i had help my friend navigate though the first level in terminus. he was lost and confused about how he was to go about it. he went passed mods and resources and had to guide him towards those items.

how it should be set up

Lotus should explain the mission setup, what the mission type is called, and how to complete this objective. you want the lotus to keep talking so the player doesn't feel so alone in the big scary world of warframe

when the player gets told to destroy the reactor, why is he doing it? where is the incentive to do so? who does it help or who benefit if he destroys the reactor. to be dumped in his first misson and given very little information gets people turned off playing warframe from what i've seen

lotus should open the mission by saying this "welcome to your first mission tenno. your objective is to destroy the reactor and proceed to the extraction point, in order to do that you must navigate though this ship and use what you learned from your training to fight against any enemy resistance, your efforts shall be rewarded if you complete this task"

ease the play into the mission. make him/her feel there's a purpose to what the player is doing.

Baby steps into the first few rooms

when the first mod, first resource, and first lot of credits drop drops. the objective marker should be place on these things, maybe even tether a line from the player and the object to tell the tenno to pick it up. once each first, mod,credits or resource is picked up, the lotus should explain what it does and how this helps the player for future endeavors

at some point there needs to be a scripted lockdown where the player should need to unlock the door by accessing the panel. same thing should happen. Lotus guides the player through the process of unlocking the door.

same old deal at objective
and the rest should be easy. just make sure the play stays engaged with the lotus talking a little more when the player reaches the objective. and when the player reaches to the second last room the lotus should inform the player that the extraction is near

would love to hear any feedback on this idea. i know this is needed for new plays because they still feel like they are just left out in a middle of the desert when it comes to their first mission

Edited by Tainted_Fox

To be fair, there's plenty of guides on the internet about most things, and well...looking at the fact the current population isn't filled with people ignoring mods and resources and the like, I think it's fine (they can possibly add it, but I'd personally think it's a low priority in the current state)

To be fair, there's plenty of guides on the internet about most things, and well...looking at the fact the current population isn't filled with people ignoring mods and resources and the like, I think it's fine (they can possibly add it, but I'd personally think it's a low priority in the current state)

thats a fair statement. to say that this isn't a priority is also a fair statement. but you already invested the time into this game and looked up on guides how the game works. but if it takes 10 seconds for some people to be turned off the first level and not be bothered to look onto the internet. then Digital Extremes would of just lost one of many customers who could of loved the game a lot more. this idea is never mean't to appeal to pre existing players. this idea is solely meant to keep new players engaged. rather than lose interest so easily

Edited by Tainted_Fox

thats a fair statement. to say that this isn't a priority is also a fair statement. but you already invested the time into this game and looked up on guides how the game works. but if it takes 10 seconds for some people to be turned off the first level and not be bothered to look onto the internet. then Digital Extremes would of just lost one of many customers who could of loved the game a lot more. this idea is never mean't to appeal to pre existing players. this idea is solely meant to keep new players engaged. rather than lose interest so easily

It will be priority at the moment when this game transitions form openbeta to gold. Its very annoying if you are a new player and have to figure out the mod system. Its also counter intuitive, because in the intro you get told you have all these powers and when you start you have none of them. So when I started I tried to use the powers from the intro, and they wouldn`t work. (of course because I had not even figured out the highly confusing interface or that I had to rank to use mods at all).

I´m glad I swallowed that initial toad, but warframe is at times too cryptic fro beginners.

"then Digital Extremes would of just lost one of many customers who could of loved the game a lot more"

This.

Edited by alpenhornblazer

I agree with the concept of this. As long as the players don't feel railroaded along, it could work. This would be a nice way for DE to split up the tutorial and have all the information that a player needs to play the game be taught to them.

What might be nice is to have all of mercury be a tutorial of sorts. Each mission teaches at least one lesson that the player will need to learn in order to play the game. One mission could focus more on wall-running, another could teach sliding. They should always be set up in a way that even if the player can't do it, they can still beat the level while learning something new.