The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Nyx can Mind control a boss (Ultimate Trolling?)

Talea

I highly prefer making controlled targets killable, and lowering the duration/amount of damage done to bosses, but still allowing them to be controled (This is one thing I've always wanted from other games, to be able to have all my skills effective to bosses weather it is freezing movement, lowering armor, or disarming a weapon).

...Yup.

I highly prefer making controlled targets killable, and lowering the duration/amount of damage done to bosses, but still allowing them to be controled (This is one thing I've always wanted from other games, to be able to have all my skills effective to bosses weather it is freezing movement, lowering armor, or disarming a weapon).

...Yup.

LOL so you can basically mind control every EVERY boss in the game, infinite farming for resources.. where's the fun in that? that's the most

broken thing that I heard to ruin balance in any game.

So apart from some trolling potential (there really needs to be a better effect to telegraph a controlled mob, current green glow is similar to Trinity's HP leech and is also invisible on poison ancients) how is this bad? This skill is the ultimate way to revive your KO'd party.

Edited by electricsheep

This has plenty of troll potential. Someone with 300+ energy, full of power effeciency mods, and packing an energy siphon can pretty much stop the boss fight (and conseuently, the game) cold for an extended amount of time. That is by no means "some" trolling potential.

I would prefer it if we couldn't mind control the bosses at all.

Someone can also idle at the beginning of the level and rack up XP. Or, on defense missions, prevent mission from starting entirely. Or switch/pull players on grenades.

Votekick and/or reputation system are ways to solve these problems, not hacking off the only truly beneficial use of a signature skill.

This has plenty of troll potential. Someone with 300+ energy, full of power effeciency mods, and packing an energy siphon can pretty much stop the boss fight (and conseuently, the game) cold for an extended amount of time. That is by no means "some" trolling potential.

I would prefer it if we couldn't mind control the bosses at all.

man dont give good idea to trolls u.u

but yeah it would be better if it didnt work on bosses, right now it isnt working propelly anyways so let's hope it was just a "mistake" when adding that ability

Edited by Kokuen

Votekick and/or reputation system are ways to solve these problems, not hacking off the only truly beneficial use of a signature skill.

Well, I'm not eager to beat that dead horse, so I'll refrain from commenting.

Trolling aside, mind control shouldn't completely pacify a boss. Stun? Reduce damage dealt? Increased damage taken? But certainly not turn them into a harmless kitten. Then again, that's digressing from the point of the thread.

Warframe had a set of decidedly abusable mechanics even before the introduction of Nyx so my take was that the design philosophy behind it was about dealing with griefers socially rather than trying to geld gameplay to protect from them.

Thing is, policing what players can do with abilities they are given limits their freedom of expression and all the cool things that arise when those mechanics begin to interact. I like that skills have side-effects that can be used in creative ways. Decoy+Teleport combo is a prime example, but so is Slash Dash as a mobility tool or Crush as crowd control. Volt's Speed got more utility now that it can be used together with wallrunning. These undocumented applications add a level of actual human mastery of game mechanics, which is a welcome diversion in a system where performance would be otherwise largely gear-based.

In its current form Mind Control has potential for some interesting gameplay and doesn't (far as I know) break the challenge of fighting the boss. Yes, it can be abused to grief other players, but it doesn't do this in a way that is somehow more glaring than all the others, in my opinion.

Trolling aside, mind control shouldn't completely pacify a boss. Stun? Reduce damage dealt? Increased damage taken? But certainly not turn them into a harmless kitten. Then again, that's digressing from the point of the thread.

Trolling aside, why would that be the case?

Edited by electricsheep

Well, I'm not eager to beat that dead horse, so I'll refrain from commenting.

Could work in a way the boss went into a "confused" state and stop attacking

LOL so you can basically mind control every EVERY boss in the game, infinite farming for resources.. where's the fun in that? that's the most

broken thing that I heard to ruin balance in any game.

Why not? Other frames can invis and melee a boss todeath from safety, or just link+energy vampire

It would make it usefull.

Though sure, make mind controll just not work on bossess and let things be killable, as is its a useless skill since you cant even say, mind controll an ancient and shoot it.

I would rather mind control allow the target to be damaged, so on bosses it basically just turns in to another version of blind. The boss stops attacking the party for a while but is still damagable. Would definitely give Nyx some extra weight in parties.