Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Lockdowns... Some Suggestions

Manly_McManface

So one thing that's been bugging me recently are lock downs. They seem to happen quite frequently, at least to me. I always hear the Lotus telling me "We've been locked out"... but I can't help but feel it's more like THEY have been locked IN... with a Tenno... their biggest threat.

I realize that if our objective is to steal intel or sabotage the ship, then yes, locking the doors is an attempt to stop us from completing our objective. But there are some mission types I feel do not deserve a lock down... such as exterminate. When my goal is simply to annihilate all life, locking the doors works counter to what they want. It means they can't escape my Tenno wrath.

Furthermore, I think lock downs could be made more exciting! My suggestion is as follows:

When the doors lock, you can hack the panel, OR you could wait out a timer... During this time, however, grineer (or corpus) troops are POURING into the room to try to stop you! (like, Mobile defense kind of pouring in! Except maybe from the roof, since the doors are locked) This way it actually feels like they're trying to stop you, instead of just annoy you. 

Seriously though, just compare them in terms of FUN: would you rather finish off the enemies in the room within a few seconds and hack the panel in a couple more seconds? Or would you rather have the doors slam to the ground killing all under them with an alarm blaring and troop pouring in from the ceiling from ropes, or Moas coming in from their wall deployment things. The first one is really annoying, the second one sounds like it could be REALLY FUN! And if you don't want to deal with hoards of enemies for the set amount of time, simply hack the panel to end it early!

Anyways, that's my suggestion for making lock downs much more exciting... thoughts and suggestions?

The reason space people lock people in rooms is so that they are trapped and they can recuperate and muster their forces before dealing with the threat they locked in. This is how I've seen in happen in most sci-fi games and movies.