The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

I Need Some Advice For Corpus Rescue Missions With Loki

druindo

Question

I'm having some serious trouble with performing Corpus Rescue Missions using Loki (my only frame). I am trying to solo these, so keep that in mind, please. I've also being playing for only about 5 days.

Here are the details of my dilemma, which may or may not seem whiny (so if you don't want to read, but still want to help feel free to skip over this part; it's a long story): In the V Prime Corpus Rescue I just failed, I had to rescue a hostage as usual. I got to the hostage easily enough, but lost a few revives on the way. I had managed to obtain 3+ Fusion Cores, several Frame ability mods, and a few good weapon mods, so I didn't want to lose them all by giving up. I had two revives by the time I got to the hostage, but was doing well, because my deaths occurred when I got swarmed and literally could not move due to the high number of MOA's in the way. Then I rescued the hostage, and Lotus decides to drop a bombshell on me: "Change of plans. There's a hostage onboard this ship that we need to rescue."

To say the least, I was not happy about this, but thankfully, most of my route was backtracking, so I didn't have to fight until I got to previously locked areas, which had, in a single room, a contingent of 7 or 8 MOA's, 3 Corpus Prod wielders, and 4 or 5 more Corpus. Hostage one got stuck in the corner of a walkway, so I had to draw enemy fire via Decoys and blitzing, otherwise they would swarm the first hostage. I manage to beat the enemies down and even had 75 energy left at that point, I got to the second prison room, which only had 3 cameras and turrets to defeat, and rescued the second prisoner. Things got crazy after that.

About 15 MOA, and 10 Corpus of various types poured through the entrance of the room, the same one which I had cleared out a minute before. It was a nightmarish battle involving me running around the room at top speed attacking random enemies in order to force them to fire on me, utilizing decoys whenever my shields were getting low to draw off fire, and otherwise working like a madman to keep two level 1 NPC's from dying in this mess. I managed to beat down this horrific onslaught, at the cost of a revive, and both hostages took 0 health damage, and I figured, hey, it'll be a quick jog through cleared areas. Boy was I wrong.

In the next room, the same where hostage 1 got stuck on a walkway, Lotus said "Large enemy signature heading you way." The group came equipped with 10 MOA and 7 or 8 Corpus. Oh yeah, and two Shield Ospreys. I managed to clear out both Ospreys and 7 or 8 enemies before I died, after which I could not keep the aggro off of hostage number 1. Who died 15 seconds later, costing me the entire mission. 

I had over 430 pickups, 9 upgrades received, 247 kills, almost 40k affinity earned, over a period of 1.5 hours. This mission was supposedly Difficulty 1.

My fighting style is basically guerrilla tactics and mobility. In open combat, I run in, kill or maim one or more targets, then dash back to cover before I start taking health damage, recharge my shields, and repeat. This works against Grineer, Infected, and even Corpus (though MOAs tend to be absurdly aggressive and tend to follow for a bit, but one or two isn't too huge an issue). I use Decoys to help draw off aggro when I'm damaged faster than I can handle with this tactic and use Radial Disarm to neuter packs of MOA. I avoid Invisibility in combat because, for now, Decoy is more effective for me. I also avoid Switch Teleport on these levels because I can run faster than setting up a Decoy and swapping would require to cover the same distance, and jumping into a large group of enemies is almost suicidal, even if I follow up with Radial Disarm. My tactics have served me well, even on other rescue missions, and I've never had any issues aside from the occasional "Whoops, I forgot I can take damage." However, Corpus missions, especially this rescue one, seem to be making my normal tactics pointless with the sheer volume of combatants. I've found that my guns are more effective against MOA than even my Electric Skana, and my MK1 Braton does enough damage to kill MOA under the shield regen of an Osprey. Against the Corpus my guns still work well, but stunning them is saves me huge amounts of ammo.

Is this kind of situation I described normal, in terms of difficulty, number of enemies, etc.? Does anyone have any suggestions on how to approach this, or similar situations, with Loki while soloing? I understand that one way to solve my problem would be to get a team, but I want to work on my skills at Warframe before joining teams. 

Here is what I have available to me equipment-wise:

Loki Rank 18, my Ability mods all at rank 0, and Vitality rank 1

MK1-Braton Rank 10, with Point Strike 1 and Fast Hands 0, and have access to Magazine Warp 0 and Piercing Hit 1

Lato Rank 10, with Quickdraw and Pistol Gambit 0, and Trick Mag 1, with access to  Slip Magazine 0 or Pistol Gambit 1

Skana Rank 11, with Shocking Touch 0 and True Steel 1, with access to Organ Shatter 1 and 0.

Thank you for reading this! Sorry for the wall of text.