Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Gameplay Feedback/suggestions

DeathJerky

TLDR; Games needs larger scale maps/ boss fights, and more features like: puzzle events, hidden items throughout maps, vehicles, environmental destruction, bounty hunter PvP, fuse-able warframes, vote accept button, achievements and allow toggling of nightmare modes on missions.

First of all, I believe this game has vast potential and various directions it can unroll. To me at first the game was fun, fluid and great on the eyes; however it seems to lack depth other than farming for frames and crafting items. What I mean by this is all the mission runs have the similar strategies and enemies you are fighting. This makes the game feel a bit stale, just a bit too fast. Although some maps have bosses, these bosses feel  shallow and rather simple to just walk through and kill. I would love to see a bit more emerging game play with larger battlefields and huge bosses that require strategies or the use the map to take down. I will list a few suggestions on what I thought would make the game more appealing to me.

Large Scale Boss Fights: I would love to see more difficult (doesn't mean just higher hp/dmg) boss fights, meaning maybe we have to wall run / jump over shock waves that cover the whole floor, or climb up the level to reach the top of his head for the weak point. Something that makes us have to react and swap up strategies instead of just going with the motions of mission fights. This could be in parties of 4 for the more intimate players or even larger number parties for a larger more complicated fight.

Jump/Puzzle Events: I am personally a fan of puzzles and I think storing hidden areas in maps that require players to explore or pass obstacles would be interesting, maybe doing it is needed to unlock certain warframe skins or something that shows a player has accomplished this task (or give them a reason to do it).

Hidden Items: One thing I notice is people just sprint run to the objective (sometimes passing all the mobs) just to rush through missions. I would think I would be nice maybe to hide rewards of some sort or just give players a reason to not rush maps and actually explore them a bit more.

Larger Scale Open Area Maps: I would love to see more open areas maybe with environmental situations happening to help add depth in the scenery. For example, a larger open field with two species slaughtering each other and including vehicles  in the fights makes it feel more awesometastic! Maybe the ability to hijack vehicles or at least destroy them with nice explosions of the sorts would be fun.

Vehicles: I think with the introduction of larger, more open maps you'd could throw in the possibility for vehicles to help make the game play more in depth. I could just picture some sort of mech suits that you could be in to fight through battles more epicly or even to use against large bosses in the open field would be tons of fun.

Environmental Aid During Combat: By this I mean more events or situations where you can use the environment to help kill enemies. For example, if your in space maybe you hit a latch that would suck enemies out into space (maybe if done stealthily) or cause a rock slide/avalanche on the outdoor maps to wipe out a group, something that makes you look around a bit more for a fun way to kill enemies.

Bounty Hunter PvP: I think a fun idea for a PvP mission would be high-risk, high-reward PvP missions. Maybe if the players let PvP be activated during the mission, they could get an xx% boost to rewards, however players could come in and try to snipe the reward from them by hunting them down. I could picture this would be very hard to balance, but I think this would still be an interesting concept.

Fuse Warframes: I was noticing there were a lot of players not using a bunch of the warframe abilities given to their frames. I was thinking of being able to fuse warframes could be an interesting idea. By this I mean the fusion of 2 or more warframes should add some unique cosmetic look to the fused warframe at the end; probably a combination of the 2 unique featured looks of both frames into one. Taking it a step further someone who has fused multiple frames together could have auras or something else applied to them to make them stand out more to other players. On top of the cosmetic looks to everything, the fused warframes could have access to the variety of the fused warframes skills.

Vote Accept Button: I would also be nice to see a vote skip/ accept button under the vote timers to further simplify the process of starting missions easier.

Achievements: Also, adding achievements could be a nice way of unlocking new things in the game.

Toggle Nightmare Difficulty Mode: Allow players to toggle the nightmare mode on or off on maps to help with inconveniences.

To summarize this list for the ease of viewers:

Larger Scale Boss Fights

Jump/Puzzle Events

Hidden Items Throughout Maps

Larger Scale Open Area Fights

Vehicles

Environmental Destruction

Bounty Hunter PvP

Fuse Warframes

Vote Accept Button

Achievements

Toggle Nightmare Difficulty Mode

The above is my personal suggestions on what I think would make the game more interesting to me, please feel free to leave feedback or other suggestions of your own so we can help the developers make this game stand out! Happy Hunting!

Edited by DeathJerky

Agreed. The current way the game is going is kinda getting stale rather fast. With the exception that the game looks great, feels pretty fluid, and makes you feel powerful when tearing large groups of mobs apart. Aside from that missions are repetitive as hell, no real objective (taking an item here and there, or grabbing something is to extraction is too minimalistic), and after doing it all 40 times with nothing new.. it's all about rushing to get that XP or item you need for an equipment piece.

Suggestions

Boss Fights:

Large scale boss fights or even smaller bosses that actually have a point similar to say the Jackle or Vor but with better AI and with more abilities. To be honest even Jackle and Vor are too minimalistic. Something along the lines of say this game.

Lost Planet 2 Boss Fight Video:

http://youtu.be/1ZkwMWYL_Wk

Use of Vehicle Type (Mech Suites against bosses):

http://youtu.be/zejBsz6p0pI

The use of grappling hooks would be more viable too such as the boss videos shown above as an example. This leads to map and terrain.

Map System:

The random room map system is pretty bad. Random rooms are just rooms and should not "feel" like rooms. I probably seen 2 or 3 rooms that actually felt like I was in a ship or on a planet. Rather than generating random rooms that you see again and again epically every other room. Why not have a generated terrain with random placements of buildings, grass/snow/water/ice/etc, objects, vehicles, or even larger ships with that actually feel like a ship and not a random room maze.

Lost Planet 2 Wider environment example:

http://youtu.be/8zUDRk8rN8g

Feels more immerse in a wider environment instanced or not. Maybe an optional cover system some where along the lines of Mass Effect to make stealth game-play more viable by hiding around corners and such.

Edited by Ambience