Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

How To Nerf Nova

Nenesse

How about this...

Rhino Gets a leather jacket - Forget Iron Skin as that is too Op since no one gets it

Frost Actually gets a real snow globe with "Welcome from Wisconsin" in it - The one that stops bullets is bullS#&$

Trinity gets trademarked barby growing hair so you can comb it when done with a mission

Saryn gets a novelty fartbag and drum roll sound effect every time she farts

Nyx should remove her warframe in lieu of a Sweater vest and becomes a mediator between grineer and corpus

etc...

Lets remove all unique abilities and any flavor warframes have...

Heres how, for you...

Remove ALL weapons

Add Rock and Stick

Everyone gets them.

ALL Warframe abilities are now just noises and color shows with no effect.

Then you have your balanced PvE experience and can fill good about yourself when you look at the kill counter at the end of a mission. Wait a minute there is opportunity here too.  Lets make it it so it evenly shares kills no matter what per mission.  Also remove leaderboards and just grant kills too all so we are all number 1 on the board.

/sarcasm off

Stop removing flavor from games, stop going for balanced <insert whine of the moment here> that does nothing for the game.  Each Warframe is going to have their own abilities. THERE IS ABSOLUTELY NO WAY to balance them in the end unless you make them do nothing but visual and sound effects.

Erm.... no.

I agree that making them all the same is detrimental to game play. they should all have their own signature and style yes. but balancing them does no equal making them flavorless and the same. I've been throwing around the idea that Ash should in fact hit less targets with it's Ulti, but deal more damage per hit and that the targets it picks should be chosen from highest to lowest HP enemies in order to turn him into a heavy killer instead of a room cleaner. With the proper balance between damage done, range and number of targets among other factors it should make his Ulti diferent while striving for balance.

The problem with Nova is not that it steals kills IMO. it's that it kills everything and other players are often just spectators.

Why should Frost or Vauban set their defensive abilities if no enemies are alive for it to bear any effect on the outcome of the battle?

I'm not saying this is what happens, i'm just trying to illsutrate why balance, even in a PvE only game, is not something trivial as it reflects on the overall enjoyment of the game for many players. People should be able to pick their favorite frame and be useful, rather than being useful at the expense of having fun by only picking what is clearly better.

I will just say that I have nothing against Nova, i am to the best of my abilities neutrally analysing this matter and it seems to me it's too powerful. And i'd rather she be brought down to the other frames isntead of pulling everyone else up to her level.

I don't have enough data to have any sort of sugestion on how to do that though... I can merely say she seems too powerful at this point.

Cheers.

NO Nerf needed people just go play nova by yourself then you don't have to complain, or learn how to play with other people as one team , defense missions aren't like yea i'm first i have the most kills you have to play as one team.

even it's great that there is at least one good dps , people you should be happy there is one lol!!

my opinion and it's also the truth

I think if they were to do anything to her. It should just be that molecular prime skill can only be triggered by antimatter drop. You light them up with MP then use AD to trigger explosions. So that way it would cost a bit more energy to destroy everything. As it is now every1 and anything can set off a huge explosion train. Infested exploders can suicide bomb their whole wave w/o any1 even firing a bullet. This way takes a tiny bit more thought to use.

I think if they were to do anything to her. It should just be that molecular prime skill can only be triggered by antimatter drop. You light them up with MP then use AD to trigger explosions. So that way it would cost a bit more energy to destroy everything. As it is now every1 and anything can set off a huge explosion train. Infested exploders can suicide bomb their whole wave w/o any1 even firing a bullet. This way takes a tiny bit more thought to use.

150 energy isn't 'a bit' more energy.

150 energy isn't 'a bit' more energy.

Well nova's max energy with max flow (which any good nova would be using) gives you 450. That still means you can use M. prime + antimatter drop 3 times. Which is rather reasonable. Also it would take a bit more skill to use then how it currently is set up. I have a maxed nova so I know how easy she is to play first hand. I would like a reason to use AD other then the novelty of a slow moving orb.

Originally I was going to suggest that null star be the trigger. However that wouldn't be too hard to use since it seeks out enemies on it's own and requires less skill to use. You can already use both these skills to trigger MP. It would be nice though if MP could only be triggered by AD. That wouldn't nerf her too much.

I had this thought. I thought it was clever.

Make it so that Nova's ult only affects one target. When that target dies, it applies the effect to everything around it--if they are killed by the explosion, then they also explode and apply the effect to other things.

Still the possibility for enough carnage to nuke heavy targets, you need to do some gameplay-ish stuff to make it happen, you need to use it properly to get good power out of it, it might actually be more OP in some really rare cases, and best of all, it has now had its &#036;&amp;*^ nerfed right the F*** off when it comes to wiping entire defense waves in less than one second.

Unrelated: Give the Ignis natural piercing and a 20% crit chance. That makes it better serve its purpose as a "flamethrower" happy fun weapon, and it gives it a way to scale up for massive damage the way everything else does.

Obviously none of the people here have played this warframe. Ever. Nova alongsilde Loki and Saryn is one of the most ballanced frames in the game.

Molecular Prime:-

Who ever triggers off Molecular Prime gets the kills.

Instead of:-

Whoever triggers Molecular prime kills the one target which triggered Molecular Prime while Nova gets the rest of the kills.

I believe a fair amount of PvP players will stop using Nova because it is not a guaranteed highest kills win.

The others will just run ahead to set off molecular prime so no one has the chance to 'take their kills'.

Edited by VER1

And what about the other frames? You want them to remain as they are? Boring and weak?

Just because bad players like you think Nova is enjoyable doesn't mean the good players do. Some people like a challenge. The game is too easy as it is with the frames we have and Nova is twice as idiotic as Saryn ever was.

How about this...

Rhino Gets a leather jacket - Forget Iron Skin as that is too Op since no one gets it

Frost Actually gets a real snow globe with "Welcome from Wisconsin" in it - The one that stops bullets is bullS#&$

Trinity gets trademarked barby growing hair so you can comb it when done with a mission

Saryn gets a novelty fartbag and drum roll sound effect every time she farts

Nyx should remove her warframe in lieu of a Sweater vest and becomes a mediator between grineer and corpus

etc...

Lets remove all unique abilities and any flavor warframes have...

Heres how, for you...

Remove ALL weapons

Add Rock and Stick

Everyone gets them.

ALL Warframe abilities are now just noises and color shows with no effect.

Then you have your balanced PvE experience and can fill good about yourself when you look at the kill counter at the end of a mission. Wait a minute there is opportunity here too.  Lets make it it so it evenly shares kills no matter what per mission.  Also remove leaderboards and just grant kills too all so we are all number 1 on the board.

/sarcasm off

Stop removing flavor from games, stop going for balanced <insert whine of the moment here> that does nothing for the game.  Each Warframe is going to have their own abilities. THERE IS ABSOLUTELY NO WAY to balance them in the end unless you make them do nothing but visual and sound effects.

+1 sir. Nice to see other realistic players speaking out.

Here is how to nerf Nova:

Go to the design council, propose a good concept idea. Get an artist to make something nifty and somewhat cute. Make it a girl to appease the people who don't like to stare at man butts on screen. Make sure its cuter and more visually appealing than Nova. Then the skills.

You gotta be creative how the skills are going to work.

-First skill must be cheap and somewhat fun. Not completely effective, but cost efficient (but not enough to warrant using this over the fourth, wasting that precious energy too much)

-Second and Third skill gotta be a signature utility, something that makes your brand spanking new frame stand apart from the others with all the flavor. Time shifts, physical shields, holo platforms, mono fiber catwalks, timed bombs in gift wraps, spontaneous generation of kitchen sinks, anything goes. One of these gotta be good enough to "justify" your presence in the group if you're not very good. Either a group buff, or movement facilitator. Space Ninja Segway Dispenser would be amazing.

-And we finally come for the creme du freche, the nuke. Make sure it's justifiably a beast of a skill, creatively proposed so its actually approved. Ignores line of sight, reaches across the entire level, kills even the relatives of the enemies affected. Heck make it even cause the devs giggle somehow when used (definitively an important mechanic). You gotta be absolutely sure this is more effective than Novas MP.

Place it in the market for 300 or so plat, and let it drop from somewhere accessible.

Voila, new fotm frame, ain't nobody gonna bother complaining about Nova while the new OP is prancing about and everybody is sporting one.

/thread