Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Holy God!

DeathByTeaCup

So i was playing xini and these 2 low level guys are friends or something (ill explain later) rank 4 and the vauban throws down the worst vortex ever.. im on the post sniping with ogris and its so close that it pulls me off.. (if u dont know what the post is, it is the 2 little blocks near the pod (not the boxes).. anyway so the pod gets to 50% and then the vauban runs off to camp the spawn.. i tell him dude come back and defened then both of them tell me to F*** off. ones like shut the F*** up and start doing S#&$.. and the other guy is jerk off.. so the next wave im doing as much as i can and then they come from 3 sides (because if u camp too close they dont spawn there).. the nova is going breaking boxes, the vauban is defending nothing.. and im stuck with 3 waves of S#&$ while they *@##$ at me.. well until we lost.

okay now i understand only a few people are bad in a community. however i wont post this just to *@##$, i realized that one they are bastards, 2 they are not great at this game and dont know how to quite play.. and 3. my major point of this

Vauban should require rank 6 7 or 8 and thats the lowest.. this kid was not trolling but i wish he was.. because omfg those vortex caused this minor thing to get out of hand. well thats my rant.

and btw before you say ooo vauban can be any rank. have u seen a rank 4 vauban have a good vortex.. using vortex is not simple because it is so ez to troll with and so hard to actually use..

Only if switch teleport and pull do too.

Part of the utility for Switch Tele, Pull, and Nova's Door is that you can affect teammates to (theoretically) help them out.  Problem is trolls gotta troll...

I see no reason for the Vortex to pull on players for the 0.1% who use it for extra-long wall-runs...

Only if switch teleport and pull do too.

I think pull no longer affects allies cos it's now an AoE pull. But tbh I kinda liked the fact you were able to pull allies to you cos I could pull downed allies to me to revive, but it's probably because I never use these kind of abilities to troll people.

Edit: Phone keyboard+late night=poor spelling and missing words.... Corrected it now.

Edited by gundam146

typically rank requirements aren't implemented if someone pays plat for the item. The noobs most likely obtained the vauban by paying plat. They really just need to adjust the griefing potential of abilities. 

Edited by aTaVaX

im not sure how this would get done.. but as i rank up and play more.. lower level ranks.. well they seem to be soo bad and im mean terrible.. now there are a few problems because DE can fuel this and make it 10x worse.. examples with this is loki,nova, and trolluban.. if they (At an early level) get one of these people and dont quite grasp the problem of using those troll abilites..

not only these few warframes causing the problems but lower ranked players doing missions that are lets say 40 50 60- etc.. well they should not be...

the soultion would be to have planets like pluto, eris, etc have a required rank to enter.. i cant stand having really low rank people in my missions

*NOW for the people who say "join a clan, ask them" and go solo- well if we are going to be honest who likes going to random missions for other players, to help farm over and over (and when that mission does not help you) and solo is way less effective than in a group... if this is still one of the suggestions giving.. well u either missed this part.. or u truely beileve that clan members love to farm the same mission over and over... i have done it b4 for someone else. it gave me just crap (like ruk) i farmed him a bunch and i already had like 25 orokins.. i did not mind too much but if i could say no i would have.

im not sure how this would get done.. but as i rank up and play more.. lower level ranks.. well they seem to be soo bad and im mean terrible..

You're becoming an egotistical jerk, that's the problem. Having a higher rank means literally nothing beyond having more weapons or frames.

So i was playing xini and these 2 low level guys are friends or something (ill explain later) rank 4 and the vauban throws down the worst vortex ever.. im on the post sniping with ogris and its so close that it pulls me off.. (if u dont know what the post is, it is the 2 little blocks near the pod (not the boxes).. anyway so the pod gets to 50% and then the vauban runs off to camp the spawn.. i tell him dude come back and defened then both of them tell me to F*** off. ones like shut the F*** up and start doing S#&$.. and the other guy is jerk off.. so the next wave im doing as much as i can and then they come from 3 sides (because if u camp too close they dont spawn there).. the nova is going breaking boxes, the vauban is defending nothing.. and im stuck with 3 waves of S#&$ while they $#*(@ at me.. well until we lost.

okay now i understand only a few people are bad in a community. however i wont post this just to $#*(@, i realized that one they are bastards, 2 they are not great at this game and dont know how to quite play.. and 3. my major point of this

Vauban should require rank 6 7 or 8 and thats the lowest.. this kid was not trolling but i wish he was.. because omfg those vortex caused this minor thing to get out of hand. well thats my rant.

and btw before you say ooo vauban can be any rank. have u seen a rank 4 vauban have a good vortex.. using vortex is not simple because it is so ez to troll with and so hard to actually use..

I would have left. phk those d!kwads

at no point am i saying "if you are a low rank you must be bad" now what i am saying that a majority of low ranks are bad... (IM NOT talking about their gear their guns their mods.. no and i have not said that.. it is just how much they know of the game..

my rant above if u read it.. (sounds like a no) i am talking about vauban not knowing 1 how to use his powers 2 not knowing how to play a defense mission and 3 being a complete tool in the process.. now also! the other person looting while the wave is going on

HOW IS THIS saying that im soo pro and all low ranks suck? im simply saying they need to play more to get better.. how do u make this stuff up? im an egotistical jerk hahah dude.. plz plz read before you type

at no point am i saying "if you are a low rank you must be bad" now what i am saying that a majority of low ranks are bad... (IM NOT talking about their gear their guns their mods.. no and i have not said that.. it is just how much they know of the game..

HOW IS THIS saying that im soo pro and all low ranks suck? im simply saying they need to play more to get better.. how do u make this stuff up? im an egotistical jerk hahah dude.. plz plz read before you type

Sounds like it to me.

my rant above if u read it.. (sounds like a no) i am talking about vauban not knowing 1 how to use his powers 2 not knowing how to play a defense mission and 3 being a complete tool in the process.. now also! the other person looting while the wave is going on

Next time this happens you should take a screenshot of the people in question so that...

1) They can receive a solid bashing from the rest of us for being defense hero cancer.

2) A mod or someone else in a position of authority can warn/reprimand the players in question for being violent, disruptive, rude, offensive, inflammatory etc etc etc general flame trolling. I'm sure you get me.

It really grinds my gears when people play defense hero. I just don't put up with it anymore. If they're lessening your game experience while insulting you unnecessarily, they need to be dealt with.

feels

seriously though if your teammates are gonna be A!@#$%& then let the pod die

This^

as a guy who played alot of games in the past and now like dota,dota2,cs1.6 and others (some mmorpgs) i can only laugh at this.. its such a friendy community against the ones i mentioned..  rly friendly.  in maybe 50 public runs u find 1 stupid kid/jerk/moron/whatever  but thats it :)

so i feel ur anger.. but the mission was over.. so was the anger. well it would be for me

You're becoming an egotistical jerk, that's the problem. Having a higher rank means literally nothing beyond having more weapons or frames.

Playing more doesn't equal more skill? More practice doesn't equal more skill? More play time doesn't equal more knowledge of how things work in game?

Now I have no problems with beginners doing unsound decisions it's to be expected because they don't know better but when they refuse to listen to helpful tips and possibly pleas to change their behaviour it becomes a problem.

Playing more doesn't equal more skill? More practice doesn't equal more skill? More play time doesn't equal more knowledge of how things work in game?

Now I have no problems with beginners doing unsound decisions it's to be expected because they don't know better but when they refuse to listen to helpful tips and possibly pleas to change their behaviour it becomes a problem.

Given that the game doesn't actually promote getting skilled and focusing on any one thing but rather getting as much as you can and using a wide array of things to be a jack of all trades, then no it doesn't. Universally looking down on people who have a lower mastery rank is a terrible ideal and harms the community image.

As for "helpful tips" I see this one a lot. A lot of people are really, really bad at giving tips and advice in online games and it often comes across as demanding or insulting to the person on the receiving end. While this isn't always the case, I see it enough (followed by the person complaining that they were just trying to help the "noob get better at the game") that it's often the root cause of a lot of communication issues.

Given that the game doesn't actually promote getting skilled and focusing on any one thing but rather getting as much as you can and using a wide array of things to be a jack of all trades, then no it doesn't. Universally looking down on people who have a lower mastery rank is a terrible ideal and harms the community image.

As for "helpful tips" I see this one a lot. A lot of people are really, really bad at giving tips and advice in online games and it often comes across as demanding or insulting to the person on the receiving end. While this isn't always the case, I see it enough (followed by the person complaining that they were just trying to help the "noob get better at the game") that it's often the root cause of a lot of communication issues.

So you actually are saying that time spent playing doesn't correlate with skill? Also if you don't want to be seen as a noob then don't act like one. If you don't know something or you're unsure then ask don't rush headlong in to the fray. Now granted the game could use better info system and tutorial that'd more in depth but we have to make do.

And maybe people are sounding demanding or insulting because we (I'm speaking for myself) learned the ropes on our own, and we have had to say the same things over and over and over and nobody still learns. It's frustrating.

So to emphasize: God damn it ask if you don't know!