Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Mods (Additions And Management)

streepe

Welcome tennos,

Today I bring you ideas about new mods to add to the game and how to improve mods management.

Just remember that they don't all have to be implemented so don't start raging about how it is a bad idea if there's only a part of it you don't like.

1. management

This is mainly to alleviate the mods management. These changes are not meant to alter the balance of the game or to allow you to make something you were not able to before. They may seem a waste of time to implement but would still be a nice little addition.

1.1 Polarity filter

This is something I've wanted for a while now. It would be nice if we could either order by polarity or just hide polarities. It would be most useful when fusing since mods with same polarities result in greater experience gain but it would also help when choosing your load out.

1.2 Ordering by rank

Whatever the "order by" you choose it should have a sub ordering by "rank" and/or "experience". Once again useful both when fusing(to avoid leveling a new mod because you didn't see/remember you already started leveling one) and choosing your load out.

1.3 Mods stacking

The new scrolling interface is nice compared to the old page interface but it could be even better if you didn't have to scroll down pages of identical mods before getting where you want.Maybe not like that for everyone but I do. The change would make identical(same level and exp) mods stacked together having just a number somewhere on it showing how many you have. This would also give more information about how many you have instead of having to count them.

1.4 stats/details

Having so many different things to increase it would be nice if we could display the final numbers. Both base values and calculated values could be displayed. We wouldn't have to do the math or search the web.

1.5 Distinct names

This is a really small issue but there a few mods(vitality, steel fiber, redirection) having the same name the order they appear is chaotic. Even if 1.3 is adopted it would still be nice to have different names.

2. Mods

New mods may require rebalancing of existing content but I won't go too much into that since I'm not the one taking these decision. It still important to remember that before saying "OP" or "useless".

2.1 Accuracy/weapon spread

Pretty much every guns stats are affected by at least one mod except this one. I don't know if it was on purpose but personally I think it should be there. This would probably require to tweak most weapons base accuracy.

2.2 accuracy aura

Similar to 2.1.

2.3 Frame specific auras

I already talked about this in another thread but it didn't see a lot of views. Like each frame has its own skills it could have its own aura. It would be given for free when acquiring the frame the same way skills are. Not only it would allow more customization but it would also make it easier for new players.

2.4 "overload" mods

Right now every mod is strictly an improvement. "overload" mods would give you great benefits but with a cost. For example a mod could have "increase damage by x%" and "increase attack rate by -y%" (or "decrease attack rate by y%" if it make more sense to you). Overall they would(try to) keep the weapon balanced but would allow you to focus on stats you prefer. These mods would be available to frames and weapons. Considering how many stats there is this would allow plenty of new mods.

Thanks for your time!