Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Too Many Alerts Now That There Are Resource Alerts

Klyern

I'm sure there's the probability that this is intended, but i would love to take to your atention the fact that now that there are resource alerts, and new alternate helmet alerts, the ammount of "stuff" that comes out only from alerts is becoming mind-bogglingly huge, and that makes it much harder for us to "target" a single alert when we are in need of something, say a specific helmet, or a weapon.

Why do i say this? because as much as we'd love to, we cant all be online 24/7, we can see the tweets but to respond to them we need to be, 1- Off work/school, and 2- Not on our sleeping hours. And that doesnt leave much time to respond to alerts, specially now that you implemented the fix that makes rewards that happened once have lower chance of appearing again (a step forward obviously, im not against that fix)

We have aura mod alerts, weapon alerts (skins included), vauban BP alerts, alternate helmet alerts (old as well as new), and resource alerts, something has got to give, or sooner or later it will be nearly impossible to get what you really want from alerts, since to get what you want you would either have to be so hardcore that you are willing to A- Wake up for every tweet to confirm it and do the mission. B- Take your chances and play while you are working. Lets face it, the alert system was thought out for what was actually warframe in its initial stages, it was probably never meant to have over 70 items that rotate randomly.

All im trying to say is that you guys need to be aware that this is turning to a problem and its only going to worsen if you guys keep stuffing alerts with new content in the future, so if my suggestions are not to your liking, id at least suggest you start thinking of ways to counter this yourselves, because this can only get worse, and its never too soon to start thinking of a solution.

As for what i would suggest? take some content from the alerts and turn it into rewards from other aspects such as nightmare or void, personally i would suggest making aura mods rewards from only set nightmare missions, such as nightmare assassination missions, another idea would probably be to put some of the weapon BPs in other places, Vor is the only boss that drops weapon blueprints right? why not give other bosses their weapon drops, like giving Krill a chance to drop Brokk BP (the fraggor skin that she uses btw), or giving Tyl Regor a chance to drop a sword like Pangolin or Heat Sword something (and change his Skana to that same weapon while we are at it ^^), just some examples.

Im not saying take out resource alerts, just spread out the rewards from alerts to other missions, since at this rate alert rewards will only keep increasing.

It would be less of a problem if we didn't have so many cash alerts.  Especially when many of the cash-only alerts are on planets like Sedna or Ceres or Pluto, where anyone who is capable of surviving there has more cash than they need anyway.

Well there aren't that many resource alerts i don't see where that is coming from.

But everything aside yes the alert pool is huge for all those items to be cram packed in there what they need to do is divvy it up either among planets or if and when we get a new solar system we have the alerts slowly migrate to there so that each solar system has half the alerts and what not but for now, there isn't a real solution to the problem without making someone unhappy (aka taking out sometimes and so forth).

But as for the time that some of the alerts that is just to make it fair for everyone, one time there was a catalyst alert at 4 in the morning for me luckily i was still up and playing at the time and a friend in a completely different time zone was happy because it was the first one he has seen. most of the good alerts are centered around the eastern time zone as it is, it maybe hard for you to get that potato or forma bp but someone else has the time, they can't fixate all the good alerts around everyone's playtime.

They either should divvy up certain items amongst certain planets or have it as a coin system (IIRC thats what it is called)

70 items that rotate randomly.

It's not exactly "random" anymore because they changed the RNG for alerts, now you can be sure you will see everything you just need to be patient.

Back in the old days the system was really worst, they changed it now that give everyone their chances.

Your idea for drop on bosses well why not, and even we could think about buying those stuff for like 1 Million.

But the fact that they added ressources I think it's really a good idea for new player they are worth it.

honestly if they would extend all alert times by 1hour to 2 hours and make every alert have some kind of reward say fusion cores, keys, and keep the system the way it is, then alerts would always have meaning. resource alerts need to appear more to.

they could like combine credit alerts and other alerts. I mean that every alert earns you credits AND a item. would be nice too :) and there would be a higher chance getting the item you were looking for

I honestly do not see the problem, the current version of the alerts work so much better than the old one. The only thing I would even dream of complaining about is the rarity of ferrite and salvage alerts.

Honestly, nothing seems to use Rubedo anymore. I have 20 thousand of the damn stuff. Ferrite and salvage, everything eats my reserves.

The only thing I would even dream of complaining about is the rarity of ferrite and salvage alerts.

Ferrite I can understand.  But Salvage?  Seriously?!? Have you even been to Io?  It's difficult to do Io and end up with less than 1500 salvage a run.