Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Still In Beta! [Some Things From A Beta-Tester]

Freefall357

I realize open-beta is pretty much release, and people have all but forgotten what BETA means, but I would like to hear some of your ideas for small fixes and improvements.  All of this begging for new content and usual terrible player-designed <anything> doesnt actually help the game...at least not yet.  Content and balance is critical, but that can all be worked on once the foundation is complete and solid.

Some of these we all know and I am certain are being worked on, but here are my brainpoops:

--More robust 'join-filter'

-Having 3 people duking it out with one guy already setting off the "GTFO timer" is a bummer.  On the flipside, a team of rushers could actually get grouped together and stick together making for very efficent runs.

Have a 'join settings' window with a "max ping" imput field at the top and under that, have a small list of playstyles [stealth/Mat Runs/Rusher/Unlocking Territory/Casual].  Next to each one of those have a dropdown for [YES] [iNDIFFERENT] [NEVER].

Once set, it would team more likeminded players together more efficently, though not perfectly.  I don't think the community is large enough to allow for full-scale exclusion, but some filtering would be nice.

As an extention, you could have the "players on map" icon change to fit the style of the team that is on-map.

As for ping, have a system VERY similar to the one you have now, but on a 'failure to join' situation, display the pings and have a [Leave] [Join] option...mine is at 100, but if I see two 30s and a 120, I would likely just suck it up and join...as it stands, I dont have that option.

--Clearer rewards page

-I got how many what now???

Place the quantity of the item on a black field in a corner with white text.  The art is fantastic, but it can be harder to quickly see what you got from the mission when the card is blue/white with white text on it.

The same can be done for the name if need be.  This is more polish than something I would say is 'needed'.  Nothing wrong with quality design.

--Rushstoppers

-'your teammate needs help opening a door'

Those annoying doors that require two people are FATASTIC for regrouping a team, particularly if you had more pannels.  If the game is started by someone with 'rusher' checked, simply generate the map like it was solo so they dont have to stop for them when they have a rushing team [if that is something you want allowable in the game].

--SUPAH SLIDE

-I assume this is being addressed, but here ya go

Make all acrobatics cost some stamina, particularly slide...no more silly slide shinanagains.  I am assuming that constant sliding for speed at no stam costs was not intended.

--Tutorial

-it isnt one

People start playing this game and cant actually figgure out how to start running missions.  'Leveling' is really counterintuitive.  While I like it over the standard leveling systems, it needs some in-depth explaining from the get-go.  I am all for the "well, dont be a moron and figgure it out" responce, but that doesnt get paying players in the game...and no pay = no game support/updates.

--RagdollLOLOLOL

-Ninja vs Gumby

While supremely hilarious, the ragdoll effects and gravity vs objects is just terrible!  I can see a space-ninja boomerang having some knockback or make guys stumble...but sending them soaring through the air with crazy jiggle action is really really absurd.  I am guessing this is just a modeling and numbers issue.

Similarly, opening a box and having to wait for the items to drift gently down around you is a bit tedious, though THIS may be intended.

I am sure there are more somewhere in my mind, but this was just to get some of it down.

Complete the game at hand, THEN add new content.  As much as I would LOVE to see whole new star systems and items galore, banging the few kinks out of an already fantastic game and calling it 1.0 would be a HUGE step forward.

my $0.03 [damn inflation]

Edited by Freefall357

+1

Especially when it comes to core mechanisms...the net code, HUD, UI.... looks very Alpha.

Also the massive content updates.

If this were a beta it'd be mostly finishing touches and minor content updates. Instead it's massive content updates almost monthly. That shouldn't really be happening. I know it's f2p and all, but I think this would fare better if it were labelled an Alpha