Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Host

IronRushBR

Hello guys!

We need a box to check, player by player, indicating that player NEVER can't be host.

OR

We need an option to choose the host inside the lobby and inside Void lobby.

I have friends with many void keys, but they can't be host of matches, specially T3 void. The game is almost unplayable when they are hosting matches and they know that.

Even on same region or anything, some PCs and connections can't be the host of warframe matches.

The problem is that you have to host your void keys because if you where not the host, you could leave the session and let 3 guys making a free key. Then repeat the key over and over because the owner of the key did not use it, so it would not be used.

With the keys I see no possible options, the only one is that DE actually bought REAL servers. 

Dedicated servers would be best.

But they're also very expensive on this scale.

Only dedicated servers in high-end data centers have the throughput necessary to guarantee all of us a lag free environment.  This game would have to become very successful for DE to justify that.

Look at Gears of War.  GOW2 was a nightmare in multiplayer due to client hosting.

Along comes GOW3 with dedicated servers, and everyone rejoiced.  It was beautiful.

Maybe some day ;)

We are in 2013, every online game in the market use dedicated servers, or at least gives the way to create private servers. For instance cod4 could be hosted by the user, by the game creators or by a private server..

If they gave me the way to make a server I would defenetly start doing servers for me and for my friends.

Edited by truci4

We are in 2013, every online game in the market use private servers, or at least gives the way to create own servers. For instance cod4 could be hosted by the user or by a server owner.

If they gave me the way to make a server I would defenetly start doing servers for me and for my friends.

I think private servers would be win/win.  So players could pay for the servers, but everyone still gets the benefit of a modern datacenter.

Baker...

Gears of War is a competitive multiplayer. Competitive can't be with players hosting matches. Of course the host there had advantages.

How I said guys, change the way it is today is much harder. I am not considering that. The topic is not about it.

I am trying an easy way to better the game to all of us.

Baker...

Gears of War is a competitive multiplayer. Competitive can't be with players hosting matches. Of course the host there had advantages.

How I said guys, change the way it is today is much harder. I am not considering that. The topic is not about it.

I am trying an easy way to better the game to all of us.

Gametype is irrelevant when you're talking about client hosts.  Slow throughput is slow throughput.  I am only one state over from half of my clan, but last night because their connections sucked the matches were laggy.  My shots weren't even registering, and enemies were teleporting around.

Gears of War has both Co-op PvE and Competitive multiplayer, mind you.

You are telling a HUGE connection problem with your friends. Shots not registering, enemies teleporting, etc..

When the host is good, the match flow is great.. So, IMO, for this game we just need adjustments.

Option to choose the host, etc...

The best programmers in the world can't help someone hosting with a 512Kbps upload speed.

People with better upload speeds than that are still having hosting problems.  I feel before open beta, the game had better performance online.

Edited by MEsoJD

People with better upload speeds than that are still having hosting problems.  I feel before open beta, the game had better performance online.

Probably, but that's what open beta is for (partially).  Stress testing.

Either way, client hosting is never a good idea.  I'd rather see private servers.

Probably, but that's what open beta is for (partially).  Stress testing.

Either way, client hosting is never a good idea.  I'd rather see private servers.

I don't think "open beta" can be released if you "can't" play. Open beta is made to fix gameplay, visual and other bugs not "connection" issues.

I know as well that if they do private servers, hacking will increase 200% and if they host with their own servers they would have no money to keep the game on... Difficulties everywhere.

Edited by truci4

I don't think "open beta" can be released if you "can't" play. Open beta is made to fix gameplay, visual and other bugs not "connection" issues.

I know as well that if they do private servers, hacking will increase 200% and if they host with their own servers they would have no money to keep the game on... Difficulties everywhere.

Open Betas are indeed for bugs, but they are also for stress tests.

If you go from 100 players to 10000 players, you're going to have a lot more data to go on.

Yes you are right about private servers.  Such is life I guess =(