Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

How To Save This Game

Aristocracy

I think the fact that ive been playing for a short time and am noticing problems is an even larger problem. If a player cant enjoy a game in the short term then they will leave. Thats part of why I think this game is in trouble, beta or not. And in terms of mechanics over content I also disagree. If you have nothing to look forward too then who the hell cares about how the game plays

Yup.  I feel the same way.  I wasn't even 48 hours into it and I noticed fundamental problems with game mechanics.

The main problem being the progression (in my opinion).

Or as 10twenty4 said above  "This game is literally just grinding to unlock new weapons and frames so you can continue to grind to unlock new weapons and frames".

I can't stand a power grind just to power grind more.  But that's why I've been flamed heavily for suggesting a shift to a more horizontal progression system.  People want to be able to grind past content instead of face actual challenges and intriguing gameplay.  Everyone wants an easy mode...

Which I'm fine with easy mode as long as I'm not forced to participate. In Warframe however, I am.

You have to grind damage mods.  If you don't, you cannot complete 75% of the content.

EDIT:  There are things that are perfect in this game in my opinion.

-Graphics

-Sound

-Controls

-Weapons (regarding look and feel)

-Level Design

-Enemy Design

-Warframe Design

They really made this game look amazing and unique.  They just applied the wrong progression model IMO.  Instead of an action shooter progression, we have an MMO progression.  And it doesn't work as far as I'm concerned.

Edited by Bakercompany86

It's a different team set aside to get the PS4 port ready. Also, I took myself to believing that the reason so many things are taking a while is because the community is incredibly divided on what to do.

More like a large portion of the community is unreasonable. If a large portion of the community used their critical thkning skills, it would not be so "divided" on everything.

More like a large portion of the community is unreasonable. If a large portion of the community used their critical thkning skills, it would not be so "divided" on everything.

I agree.  You suggest a solid idea, and get flamed immediately for it.  Not a disagreement, not a debate, just flamed.  Such is the world of internet forums I guess.

I just wish they wouldn't act like anyone *owed* them anything.  And maybe open their minds to new ideas that would make this game really fun.

As it stands, a little over a week in and I already see the end of this ride.

Oh trust me, I've been playing since CBT I'm well aware of its beta status.  What has me worried is the direction the devs are going in per their past updates and livestreams.  They seem to think that grinding bulletsponges for more weapons/frames = content. 

Generally I read books cover to cover in a day or two (huge book worm esp. when I was younger) so I don't really think that applies.  I mean what I'm trying to say, is that in my mind a good game will have you playing it often, a mediocre game you will pick and play a bit then walk away and not touch it for good while before you dabble in it again for a bit (repeating cycle) and a bad game is something you will play once then bounce.  With this said though! That is very much my opinion and I understand that different people have different consumption habits so it's not fair for either of us to apply it universally. 

What I really want is for DE to openly acknowledge certain very well known issues and pledge to fix them instead of ignoring them or outright telling us its not a problem at all (armor) despite vast outcries from the player base.  This behavior is what worries me the most because it is an ill omen of things to come... 

A lot of the issues that are in the game are talked about in the FAQ, which more people could stand to read before they post something (not talking about you, just generally). It is a little bit worrying that they think that content is king, but perhaps that will change. Maybe they have a set amount of content they want to be in-game before they address other things, who knows. We can but hope.