Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Fixing relay events suggestions

DomeShot159

I'm sure many people agree that the relay mission as they are is lacking... purpose I guess. As it stands relays are debatably invincible, with no consequences for not participating. if you pay attention to the health percentage theoretically if people were playing it and beating it normally it should have high participation in the beginning with it tapering off the longer since you can complete the rewards objective in 1-2 missions or a couple more if you are unlucky. what it does now is the health progression starts off fairly strong, tapers down halfway through then starts going faster than in the beginning and it keeps that up until the thing is destroyed fairly close to the end time for the event. some people think this is the devs kicking on the auto progression whatever program they got so the relay won't die. In my opinion that just makes the whole event series boring and pointless. might as well just have a random alert once a month for 200k and a potato.

so, my suggestion is we redo several things:

1: Change the reward requirements from the damage done to number of missions completed. People might not like this since it makes it more grindy, but this would actually require you to participate in the event to get your rewards not just play a mission once. if you do this though you would probably want to increase the rewards a little though, like 300k instead of 200k and or add a reactor in there. if it is actually going to take a couple of hours to get your rewards, you have to actually make the rewards worth it.

2: Actually let the relays get destroyed if we fail to complete the event in time. Now I see the obvious drawback to that where people will lose access to relays which are an important part of the game, but read #3 and you will understand. Also, you don't want to isolate newbies by having all the lower level relays destroyed so I would say the l low-level worlds (earth, venus, mercury, mars) should always have at least one relay, so if we go down to 1 we have regular rebuilding events or perhaps an easy one to make sure there is always a low level relay.

3: Add in relay rebuilding events.  This is the more difficult thing to implement since there is nothing to base it off of. it can be whatever you want to make it be but the end result is the addition of a relay if we succeed, I don't think there needs to be a penalty for failure with these. I would suggest something like an easier sortie, where you have multiple different missions you have to complete to get your reward. I would say the first mission would be like an arcwing exterminate mission to clear out the hostiles currently residing at the remnants of the old relay. The second mission can be something like an excavate or highjack to secure resources for the relays reconstruction. The third could be an arcwing defense or maybe something like the current Fomorian destruction mission, something to represent you defending the relay while it is under construction. Then that is your participation or could replay a specific mission after you beat the string to get a rare weapon part of whatever.

Anyways that is what I think we should do, it would make the missions far more enjoyable and actually affect the game, so if actually feels like there is a reason to do it instead of it just being a monthly version of clem missions.

Edited by DomeShot159
I accedentally posted before i was done writing the post.