Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Volt's 4 is still weird

KiroTheTraveler

Even though the damage cap has been removed, I have seen instances while casually playing where it does 0 damage. I have tested it on a Level 50 Elite lancer in the Simulacrum and I saw it didn't do any damage.

Although steps have been taken to make Volt more DPS, it doesn't really matter even with a lot of power strength because the duration doesn't last that long. 

I would say, overall, Volt's reworked Discharge doesn't do a whole lot even with the buff and removal of the damage cap as even without the CC, It doesn't really chop a decent amount of health on higher level enemies according to my play testing. 

Although I do think there could be a bit more to iron out and tinker out his 4, I would say the biggest problem is now he is much more difficult to mod now as you need added range and duration as well as power strength. 

P.S I am not asking for Volt to wipe everything out with one press of Discharge in an instance but rather I am saying, the recent damage update to his 4 I would say is not very viable. 

Edited by CaptainStrawberry

I liked how it was before quite frankly. I found myself being killed multiple times while trying to pick up dead allies because one guy happens to escape the stun early (this is during sorties mind you). I'd much rather have something as useful as a means to basically make the entire room stand still than to have raw damage, that which in sorties and other high-level missions is simply not enough. I don't even really understand why they implemented such a change in the first place. 

3 hours ago, FINNSTAR7 said:

Out of curiosity, what's your build? Cause if you've got anything less than 75% Ability Duration on a max rank Volt you won't see any damage.

I normally play with 75% duration but I have tested it with 158% duration, from my memory, it didn't last that long

2 hours ago, Funcooker said:

The damage seems to be dependent on the amount of enemies tesla coiled together. Lots of enemies means more damage, fewer enemies means less. If you pop Discharge on one guy its not going to do a whole heck of a lot, especially if they have armor.

Interesting, I will have to do more testing

4 hours ago, CaptainStrawberry said:

I normally play with 75% duration but I have tested it with 158% duration, from my memory, it didn't last that long

Yeah, 75% Duration drops Discharge's duration to 4.5 seconds, and because Discharge still has its "initial 4.5s will not damage enemy" phase you will only CC them. The only times you should see damage with that build are if enemies are within 8 meters of each other (multiplied by your Range), or if you've built your Passive up high enough.