Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

End Game Content

Sillick

Let me start with, I know the game is still in Beta, and they have a very far way to being "finished" making stuff for it, if that ever happens at all.  But it's never too soon to start asking, "Wait... what do I do when I have... EVERYTHING?!?"

To be honest, I don't even have a fully maxed serration yet, but I'm working on it... I've got roughly 3 level 10's though (Turns out I don't like to share with my dethcube and wyrm.)  But come now, that's not "End Game Content".  And when telling friends about the game, some just say no, others are eager to check it out, and then there's this one... this ONE guy, who's like, "Well, what's the end game content?"  And that got me thinking.

So this is what I've got so far:

1. Collecting all frames/finding the perfect build for your favorite (or multiple builds)

2. Collecting all weapons, leveling them, and powering up your favorites.

3. Collecting all the rare mods, and maxing the ones that seem to go on forever.

4. Attempting to get to level 100 on defense.  (that's probably never going to happen for me)

5. Helping out in the dojo. (Farming for mats, forma, etc.)

And even though I personally enjoy playing the game, chatting with clanmates and friends, and blowing enemy heads off, or mowing down a crowd, or even slicing and dicing my way to a better world... I still ponder on the question I couldn't readily answer:  "What's the end-game?"

So, I'd like to start the fire, even though I'm sure DE is well ahead of me, and I'll throw out a few of my own ideas, and then ask everyone else to give their buck 'o five.

1. Dungeons/Raids - it's been around almost longer than I started playing MMO's.  I think I heard Steve talking about missions that would have multiple parts, and bosses, in different stages, which sounds very much like a dungeon.  But to take it up a notch, how about for higher mastery folks, a 8 or more man group on a massive level with bosses and enemies and loot, oh my!  Though for this to happen, there'd need to be a fix for the current hosting system to swap (and not boot people) when someone had a crap connection, etc.

2. Upgrades to armor (found in idea #1) - I'm not just talking helms here, I'm talking everything, and it all changes your appearance to boot.  And maybe not just tradeoffs, i.g. more speed for less armor, etc, but instead regular armor, extra speed and a boost to energy.  Another though is slots and points for more mods to be equipped to your frame.

3. Upgrades to weapons (also found in #1) - similar to armor upgrades, changing appearance, making the weapons this or that, and possibly adding more mod slots/points.

4. Moa Racing - Uhh... well... it could be like FF7... and give rewards... and stuff....  Ohh and maybe you could breed.. err.. engineer your own moa!  (though meant as a funny... it actually seems like it'd be awesome)

5. Virtual Warfare (PvP) -  I'm thinking something along the lines of "Battlegrounds" like WoW, or team matches like any shooter you can think of. And competing gives you tokens or points, and you can spend those on awesome looking upgrades that are only found via PvP. It doesn't have to be virtual... but I was thinking that tenno testing skill against other tenno virtually means less real life tenno death... I mean, every one of us is precious, even people with really awkward names.  Yeah, that's right... Even you.

Alright, your turn.

It all sounds awesome (especially the MOA racing XD), but if I were you I wouldn't even try to convince people that PvP is a good thing - you'll just get flamed (even though I myself wouldn't mind a bit of it)

But other than that +1 for the ideas and the effort :-)

I used to play CoD and Halo's PvP quite a bit, but it got kinda frustrating near the end because my group of friends stopped playing... So I enjoy a good firefight, but know it's not everyone's cup of tea... Kinda like how when I did play WoW, the battlegrounds were rarely visited by me, as I just didn't have the skillz... to pay the billz.  Thus where it can get you stuff similar to what you'd find in dungeons, with different skins and otherwise the same, or slightly modified buffs.

hehe, tried duel ? Fun to see who clicks first after the countdown. Burst DPS = 0.1 sec win.

Anyway, i guess right now a simple answer to endgame content is the whole game. As you said, find you build.... Maybe you simply like this game too much and expect it to play it forever. Have you passed the generic 5-10 hours / game ? Cause most games are designed to give you 5-10 hours content. I personally passed 100 hours on this game, so, it's well worth the $.

Lots of lots of games base endgame on neverending rankings. Try to get into the top 100.

Edited by Tudi69

FINALLY an endgame thread that goes beyond "Warframe needs endgame!".

I like the Dungeon/Raid area, preferably with a large level that requires multiple objectives before going to the bossfight (Spy and multi-Sabotage, anyone?). But it'll still be capped at 4 players since 4++ is pretty much impossible as it is right now.

IMHO what would be nice is to have the enemy levels be scaled according to party size and gear rank, not unlike new Vor, and have drop "ratings" that increases with "party rank".

A team of Braton-MkI wielding Rank 1 Excals with lower party rank can go through it fighting predominantly Lancers and Sawmen and gain some Uncommon mods if they're lucky. A team with full maxed gear should get more Uncommons and Rares from fighting Lancers, Elite Lancers, and Heavies.

This could also be used to mitigate the spawning problem where a solo/two/three-man team would be fighting the same amount of enemies as a 4-man team. A max-ranked soloer would probably be facing the same amount of enemies as a newbie full-team with rank 5 equipment.

It should be challenging, not impossible.

Edited by Shion963

4. Moa Racing - Uhh... well... it could be like FF7... and give rewards... and stuff....  Ohh and maybe you could breed.. err.. engineer your own moa!  (though meant as a funny... it actually seems like it'd be awesome)

My African Friend, that idea of yours is kawaii.

Or rather, Moas are kawaii, so that idea, by extension is kawaii.

I mean seriously, have you seen them flock  to you and run right past you and then they just kinda stand there and stare at a wall? I mean, it doesn't even always need Shade to be like "O_O don't shoot my mommy!" for them to do it, too!

I totally want a pet Moa again :(

EDIT:

To make this post more relevant to this thread...

You probably shouldda put this in Gameplay rather than Warframe feedback =P

Edited by TheBlueJelly

My African Friend, that idea of yours is kawaii.

Or rather, Moas are kawaii, so that idea, by extension is kawaii.

I mean seriously, have you seen them flock  to you and run right past you and then they just kinda stand there and stare at a wall? I mean, it doesn't even always need Shade to be like "O_O don't shoot my mommy!" for them to do it, too!

I totally want a pet Moa again :(

Maybe it's because I'm tired... but that was effing hilarious.

FINALLY an endgame thread that goes beyond "Warframe needs endgame!".

I like the Dungeon/Raid area, preferably with a large level that requires multiple objectives before going to the bossfight (Spy and multi-Sabotage, anyone?). But it'll still be capped at 4 players since 4++ is pretty much impossible as it is right now.

IMHO what would be nice is to have the enemy levels be scaled according to party size and gear rank, not unlike new Vor, and have drop "ratings" that increases with "party rank".

A team of Braton-MkI wielding Rank 1 Excals with lower party rank can go through it fighting predominantly Lancers and Sawmen and gain some Uncommon mods if they're lucky. A team with full maxed gear should get more Uncommons and Rares from fighting Lancers, Elite Lancers, and Heavies.

This could also be used to mitigate the spawning problem where a solo/two/three-man team would be fighting the same amount of enemies as a 4-man team. A max-ranked soloer would probably be facing the same amount of enemies as a newbie full-team with rank 5 equipment.

It should be challenging, not impossible.

I guess you haven't read this then.

https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/63428-cells-this-is-warframes-endgame/

I made some posts touching it too, but they are scattered and not that well developed. Give it a read, you might find it interesting.

Edit: the bb code somehow messed up the post and had to rewrite it...

Edited by HellEnforcer

I guess you haven read this then. I made one too, but it not even close to be this developed. There are several that give some ideas, but this one.. well, just go and give it a read, you might find it interesting.

https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/63428-cells-this-is-warframes-endgame/

Oh yeah, I remember reading this once before!

I don't literally mean that this thread is the first by any long shot, but the folks who makes threads with just "we want endgame!" or "warframe needs endgame or it dies!" is too damn high!

Your concept of Cells is a good one, and IMHO would fall under the Dungeon instance thing mentioned here.

Could you perhaps take the "Party Rating" suggestion to also apply there? I primarily play in a duo and suggested that in the idea of limiting/reducing enemy spawns to a level that duos can handle.

Drop Rating is to encourage teams that CAN run maxed gear/party to do so for better drops, without putting a hard "must be this level to enter" requirement and discouraging those who can't go to such heights (lower gear rank, incomplete team). Instead make the rewards be proportional to whoever is attempting it, a-la "Do your best, and get your best".

IMHO from what I can see:

-Needs 4++ (12 players in one session) sessions to be a thing. Which it's not even possible under current circumstances. -OR-

-Cross-session communication, essentially linking three sessions. AFAIK the sessions now are all isolated instances, unknown if this is doable.

-Needs three teams, not doable at all in solo/duo. -AND-

-Restricts what people without a well connected network of players can do. Yes, I know "This is not for solo players, new players or pubs.", but isn't it silly to give people the choice of playing solo or duo, and then restricting some content for full parties only? If it can be made so that everyone can access it, then not doing that would be incredibly silly.

Edited by Shion963

As I see it:

Dungeons - It's the same as defense, just different type of mission. But I kinda like notionphil's idea of cells, mainly due to recon conditions.

Upgrades to armor - Like mods. Get them all, use the best.

Upgrades to weapons - Get them all, use the best.

Moa racing - Thats something different. i don't know how it would fit the game but it could be fun.

PvP - Double the mods. One set of mods for co-op and the second for pvp. But PvP has great advantage in human controlled enemy, so again it could be fun.

Lately I was playing just to level up equipment and get mods and resources, not for the actual gameplay. It seems really repetitive for me. Enemy allways just tries to overwhelm us with numbers, they don't cooperate and they don't act like an actual army. They just keep sending in random troops.
When I first tried the game, it somehow
reminded me of Killing Floor. Probably becouse KF was a co-op game I remember the most. But actual playing of that game was fun. I didn't play it to level up character, I played it to fend off waves of zeds and dying was fun. But I don't really know what made that game so good for me. Maybe it was the ambushing enemy, or maybe it was the fact that if we wanted to survive the whole team had to cooperate.

I guess you haven't read this then.

I made some posts touching it too, but they are scattered and not that well developed. Give it a read, you might find it interesting.

Edit: the bb code somehow messed up the post and had to rewrite it...

It seems we need to combine our idea's, and re-attack, skimming over both of these merely gave me MORE ideas... but alas, I must prep for work. Either or, I'll see if I can pop back on a little later, and draft up one idea to rule them all... with input of course.