The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

A Best Way To Mod Weapons?

UnholyPerfection

Question

Hi guys,

I've just started heavily modding my weapons and I'm wondering whether I'm doing ok.

I have a Braton Rifle that I've modded with Electrical Dmg, Piercing Dmg and Rifle Dmg for Corpus and Grineer missions and a Strun Shotgun modded with fire Dmg and Shotgun Dmg for Infested missions.

Is there a 'maximum mod' build I should be heading towards for my weapons?

Thanks guys.

5 answers to this question

Hi guys,

I've just started heavily modding my weapons and I'm wondering whether I'm doing ok.

I have a Braton Rifle that I've modded with Electrical Dmg, Piercing Dmg and Rifle Dmg for Corpus and Grineer missions and a Strun Shotgun modded with fire Dmg and Shotgun Dmg for Infested missions.

Thanks guys.

Pure damage build. That is the best build, also if you can reserve one slot for your ammo so that you can sustain your fights.

There is no one-size fits all mod load out, but there are some guidelines.

Firstly, you want as high a rank base damage mod (serration, hornet strike, etc) and as high a rank multi-shot mod as possible on your weapons. These are great in and of themselves, but more importantly, they amplify everything else.

Beyond this, you want to tailor the load out to the foe being fought and the particular strengths and weaknesses of the weapon.

Pure damage build. That is the best build

Many elemental mods add almost nothing to well armored foes, so I often find other mods more useful than pushing for a pure damage build.

For example, when fighting Grineer, I slot reload and magazine size mods on my Gorgon before I'll slot Hellfire (but obviously after AP damage).

Edited by Saenol

Pretty much all weapons mod the same. Serration/Point blank/Hornet strike, AP damage, faction specific damage, Multishot. The remaining points can be invested in Bane-type mods, other elements and/or utility.

If the gun has a high crit chance, then put in crit chance and crit damage.

Shotgun nightmare mods are mandatory if you have a potatoed boomstick, since they're so good.

This is a very generic and basic way to mod weapons:

1. You'll want to pump up your weapon damage first. This is done with mods that simply add % damage like http://warframe.wikia.com/wiki/Serration'>Serration.

2. Add elemental damage. There are several types; Armour Piercing, Ice, Fire and Electricity. You'll want as much Armour Piercing as possible because it is the most effectice damage type in the game. Then you'll want some Ice because it will slow down your enemies. Personally I keep a single low level Ice mod on my weapons soley for slowing, not damage. Then you'll want either Fire - or - Electricity depending on mission. Fire for Infested, Electricity for Corpus. Grineer you can take whichever has the higher damage modifier.

Now, elemental damage works of the base damage of your weapon+your % damage mods. So the higher level % damage mod you've got, the more punch you get out of your elemental mods.

3. Utility. These can be whatever you feel the weapon needs, such as more bullets or faster attack speed for melee weapons. Its pretty much up to you. If you're lucky enough to get a Multishot mod, they are highly recommended to significantly boost the damage.

Edited by Brimir

Hi guys,

Thanks guys.

Dear UnholyPerfection (and anybody actually reading this),

I guess base rules should be:

Max out potential area's

For example: (basically any) shotgun damage (since the value is high so % increases very well)

Try to reduces weaknesses

For example: (twin) viper magazine size (because you want to sustain the damage as long as possible)

Add one element

For example: lex + electric (to ignore some more shield, since the lex doesn't fire that quickly.)

Find what lies in your style of play

For example: Do you like to be upfront with the enemy, make sure you can take them out quicker the they

take you out.

Match your warframe's potentials

For example: a mag's pull can bring in one enemy to mow down. Making for (another) example the sustain on

a viper more useful.

I hope this helps.

Sincerely,

charleon