Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

A Hail From The Past

ThirteenRabbits

As I have read numerous times now there are quite some voices who want to re-introduce elements and enemies from dark sector. (I started a new thread 'cause im summing up on different aspects.)

Now here are some of my suggestions. Let me know what you think of it. And just maybe we will see some of these elements to further nurish the variety in warframe gameplay.

First of all the technocyte plague. It was in some way already present in dark sector mutating man and animal. Though I never played it, I thought to myself "where does it come from?" when I read about it.

Another question: where did the Orokin go and why? What were they fighting and what deminished their numbers so drastically?

Taking both questions and turning them into (my fictional) lore: the technocyte plague is in fact a biological weapon created by the archenemies of the Orokin. The mutations in dark sector were a first try. Those enemies stem from the void (or voids as they seem to be sub-space pockets) where they still reign. The actual enemies from dark sector are (to me) far beyond just being mutations. So the Stingers, Chroma, the Stalker Prime and other later fiends would be embodiments of those "creatures of the void".

As for actual implementation into warframe: I personally like the random factor of the stalker attacking you. It already thrilled me enough as to let my pulse rise quite some bit (especially when you're leveling your frame). I'd like to see those encounters in a equal random fashion. As you play a mission there's a chance a wormhole opens from the void, sucking you in (maybe you get the chance to run away), effectivly trapping you in a sub-level in the actual mission. Nothing big just like 5 to 6 rooms but filled with dark, dripping architecture somewhere between tar and firefly larvas sleeping and glowing underneath it, all decorated with mindbending spikes and bowls hanging into the room right till over your head, vast abysses under small bridges and even more twisted designs all in dark and shiny colors. This would serve as a scene to fight those old enemies. And maybe this could also be interpreted as the stalker being their herald coming from "their" void to hunt you down. (Maybe even the chance to get stalker blueprints)

Furthermore I'd like to see Nemesis from dark sector. Either as frame or boss. (And not Nyx)

As a frame it would be something like this (base stats): 150 shield, hp and armor. Normal running speed. Only one power: super-charge (extra damage) - used on the melee weapon. This frame would be bound to a specific melee weapon: a throwing spear/sword (maybe accesible to other frames as a normal weapon).

Another thing that's on my mind would be a new boss: the Orokin / Adam. One of those Orokins sleeping in the cryo cells but gone berserk under the experiments in a secret joint Grineer-Corpus base on the outskirts of the solar system. Let's see if our frames could hold a candle to the original.

Finally: why don't we get to invade other peoples missions making ourselves the stalkers? (like in demon's souls/dark souls)

Time for your opinions.

Edited by ThirteenRabbits

As I have read numerous times now there are quite some voices who want to re-introduce elements and enemies from dark sector. (I started a new thread 'cause im summing up on different aspects.) Now here are some of my suggestions. Let me know what you think of it. And just maybe we will see some of these elements to further nurish the variety in warframe gameplay.

First of all the technocyte plague. It was in some way already present in dark sector mutating man and animal. Though I never played it, I thought to myself "where does it come from?" when I read about it.

Another question: where did the Orokin go and why? What were they fighting and what deminished their numbers so drastically?

Taking both questions and turning them into (my fictional) lore: the technocyte plague is in fact a biological weapon created by the archenemies of the Orokin. The mutations in dark sector were a first try. Those enemies stem from the void (or voids as they seem to be sub-space pockets) where they still reign. The actual enemies from dark sector are (to me) far beyond just being mutations. So the Stingers, Chroma, the Stalker Prime and other later fiends would be embodiments of those "creatures of the void".

As for actual implementation into warframe: I personally like the random factor of the stalker attacking you. It already thrilled me enough as to let my pulse rise quite some bit (especially when you're leveling your frame). I'd like to see those encounters in a equal random fashion. As you play a mission there's a chance a wormhole opens from the void, sucking you in (maybe you get the chance to run away), effectivly trapping you in a sub-level in the actual mission. Nothing big just like 5 to 6 rooms but filled with dark, dripping architecture somewhere between tar and firefly larvas sleeping and glowing underneath it, all decorated with mindbending spikes and bowls hanging into the room right till over your head, vast abysses under small bridges and even more twisted designs all in dark and shiny colors. This would serve as a scene to fight those old enemies. And maybe this could also be interpreted as the stalker being their herald coming from "their" void to hunt you down. (Maybe even the chance to get stalker blueprints)

Furthermore I'd like to see Nemesis from dark sector. Either as frame or boss. (And not Nyx) As a frame it would be something like this (base stats): 150 shield, hp and armor. Normal running speed. Only one power: super-charge (extra damage) - used on the melee weapon. This frame would be bound to a specific melee weapon: a throwing spear/sword (maybe accesible to other frames as a normal weapon). Another thing that's on my mind would be a new boss: the Orokin / Adam. One of those Orokins sleeping in the cryo cells but gone berserk under the experiments in a secret joint Grineer-Corpus base on the outskirts of the solar system. Let's see if our frames could hold a candle to the original.

Finally: why don't we get to invade other peoples missions making ourselves the stalkers? (like in demon's souls/dark souls) Time for your opinions.

Fixed it for you. Now maybe people will try and read that wall of pain.

I like the idea of more stalker style events and bosses, and I really wish sometimes it'd let players do a stalker style event. All around some good concepts but again, it might not be what they're looking for over at DE HQ.

Edited by DGwar

You know invading peoples games as the stalker would be cool...will never happen though.  PvP is the dirty word (acronym?) around here.

For everything else, I believe DE is working hard on the lore aspect.  But lore is the easy part, so I can see why they're more focused on fixing gameplay and bugs over implementing the lore they probably already have written up.