Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Host Migration Contingency?

Kaweru

So the game being in beta and all, there's still a number of kinks to be worked out.

I think one of those kinks they're trying to tackle is making the host migration not as interruptive...namely losing all mods and whatnot (though I think that still occasionally happens).

Given the progress thus far in the (occasional) preservation of the mods and other items obtained post-host migration, perhaps additional information should be preserved in the transitions such as mission data or whatnot?

Today I was doing a mission and host migrated...and it semi-bugged out the mission but thankfully didn't break it.

I'm just gonna hedge into guessing territories since I don't know how the backend works...

But maybe in the game, whoever's the host will on occasion push these updates (what mods have been obtained by everyone, items, mission status, etc) to all the clients. That way....in the event of a sudden lost of the host, it can still continue the game with less things lost.

I'd imagine something of the sort already is in place...after all we generally remain in game and one of the players is designated as the new host. That is, remaining players are still there, the player's relatively recent position is recalled, tileset, etc.

For all I know...maybe it's already implented in some form and maybe just not working as intended or something still in the works. Figured I just throw it out there =)