Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Dear De Warframe=Constant Grinding

andboomgoestheydynamite

Don't get me wrong warframe is probably one of my favorite if not my favorite game. But we need something else besides constant grinding for weapons/warframes to keep us into the game. Instead of creating new planets and warframes to farm I suggest improving the content that you already have by adding new abilities to warframes instead of making new ones, making more types of game modes that can interest players, fix the void rng, and allow some new features in clans. Clans have the potential to provide endless hours of entertainment by adding new rooms or improving the ones we already have. For example, although many people may be apposed to this idea in particular it could simply be added later in the future after the pve content is nearing perfection or has been heavily developed. The clan deuling rooms could feature larger sizes and maybe even 2v2s or 4v4s. These minor additions to the dojo can really provide a better experience in the clan and help take our minds off grinding. This may sound near impossible which is why I recommend this idea for far away in the future. Maybe there could be some way to feature clan vs clan. It could be a certain amount of each members of clans verse in an arena which could enter some competitive spirit in the game and drive people to play the game longer.

It's never long until I grow tired of games without PvP. Shame we won't be getting any real PvP for this game because that would be fun.

PvE games like this are always just grindy and repetetive... this one isn't too bad though.

Edited by DanPaul7

It's never long until I grow tired of games without PvP. Shame we won't be getting any real PvP for this game because that would be fun.

PvE games like this are always just grindy and repetetive... this one isn't too bad though.

That's what im saying focus on the pve part but have some pvp as a side feature to get rid of the feeling of constant grinding. Pvp provides a sense of accomplishment after defeating another player, or in this case uniting with your clan and using teamwork to overcome the other.

4v4 duelling was mentioned some time ago (by Scott, IIRC). More dojo rooms are on the way, current room choice is not the end point.

They are working on endgame, perhaps now more than ever. The know that people want something to do besides farm for mats.

RNG is somewhat in a "continual improvement" cycle, until they find something that works well enough and not too dependant on dismal chance.

For example, although many people may be apposed to this idea in particular it could simply be added later in the future after the pve content is nearing perfection or has been heavily developed.

AFAIK this is exactly DE's stance on actual PvP. Finish/Perfect PvE, and then think about things like PvP.

And remember that it's currently in Beta. It's not the finished product, whatever we have now is not the "end result", but rather progressing towards that. So quit saying that "Warframe is flawed/incomplete because it doesn't have ____" and being all "it's doomed because it will never have this thing".

Edited by Shion963

DE is aware of this, but you should also be aware that they feel that with more content, this will be less of an issue. Their intent is not to leave the game in its current state. They didn't intend for our current game to be the game 6 months from now. They'll likely have a new "end game" in by the time the PS4 launch happens, which is also what they have mention will likely be the "release" of the PC version as well. Right now we're playing through a lot of the same content to unlock things, but later it will be presented differently (such as their example of showing you what you're fighting for before a mission starts, not just random rewards), and also fighting series of bosses (not a boss rush, but rather, levels that progress to have you fight multiple things).

So here's hoping that, while the game is not super grindy compared to some other games, the farming and grinding is still a cheap way to extend the play time, and we'll get proper modes, narrative presented in a motivational way, and only some things require high amounts of resources, such as certain things in the dojo, and not certain weapons requiring 50 neurodes.

And no, they've gone over the PvP thing many times. It's not going to happen beyond some tweaking of dojo dueling, which we already have but is in alpha state as far as revisions go. They do plan to add competitive PvE though, more leaderboards, more stuff for you to compare to other players. The "optional side feature" never actually works. It's never an optional side feature, and it really takes a lot of dev time focus away from the PvE game. What I'm saying is, it's not optional for the developers, and it will affect the PvE game no matter how you split the stats, and balance for PvP.

Edited by gell

You guys act like this game is an MMO.

What'd be really neat are some actual campaign/scenarios that aren't randomized and provide story. That could make for a better endgame than PvP, I think.

Would love that, but what about after I finish them, then I'm back to where I am. I need something that is both fun and can be done many times over with a different feeling every time.

You guys act like this game is an MMO.

What'd be really neat are some actual campaign/scenarios that aren't randomized and provide story. That could make for a better endgame than PvP, I think.

Yep, and that stuff is coming. When? Probably a couple months away for a start, but I am thinking we'll have something by the time this game is not in beta anymore. They said that'll be around November.

DE is aware of this, but you should also be aware that they feel that with more content, this will be less of an issue. Their intent is not to leave the game in its current state. They didn't intend for our current game to be the game 6 months from now. They'll likely have a new "end game" in by the time the PS4 launch happens, which is also what they have mention will likely be the "release" of the PC version as well. Right now we're playing through a lot of the same content to unlock things, but later it will be presented differently (such as their example of showing you what you're fighting for before a mission starts, not just random rewards), and also fighting series of bosses (not a boss rush, but rather, levels that progress to have you fight multiple things).

So here's hoping that, while the game is not super grindy compared to some other games, the farming and grinding is still a cheap way to extend the play time, and we'll get proper modes, narrative presented in a motivational way, and only some things require high amounts of resources, such as certain things in the dojo, and not certain weapons requiring 50 neurodes.

And no, they've gone over the PvP thing many times. It's not going to happen beyond some tweaking of dojo dueling, which we already have but is in alpha state as far as revisions go. They do plan to add competitive PvE though, more leaderboards, more stuff for you to compare to other players. The "optional side feature" never actually works. It's never an optional side feature, and it really takes a lot of dev time focus away from the PvE game. What I'm saying is, it's not optional for the developers, and it will affect the PvE game no matter how you split the stats, and balance for PvP.

Who knows maybe with enough support they will change their minds?

Would love that, but what about after I finish them, then I'm back to where I am. I need something that is both fun and can be done many times over with a different feeling every time.

PvP isn't that. I have over 2000 hours in TF2 and it's not a different feeling every time. It's fun, and players change, but it's a lot of the same stuff too. After a while, anything is repetitive no matter how dynamic, no matter how PvP it is. Also, they have mentioned a map editor a few times, so there's that. Player created levels (sort of like the dojo, but with enemy placements, probably some logic control, etc).

PvP isn't that. I have over 2000 hours in TF2 and it's not a different feeling every time. It's fun, and players change, but it's a lot of the same stuff too. After a while, anything is repetitive no matter how dynamic, no matter how PvP it is. Also, they have mentioned a map editor a few times, so there's that. Player created levels (sort of like the dojo, but with enemy placements, probably some logic control, etc).

That wouldn't be bad but I would prefer something that challenges me and rewards me well, let it be PvP or better yet raid bosses with rare drops would make this game a dream for me.

Idk for me every time I play pvp its a new experience against new players. Of course there are some boring rounds but there are always those super exciting rounds that make you want to keep playing.

That wouldn't be bad but I would prefer something that challenges me and rewards me well, let it be PvP or better yet raid bosses with rare drops would make this game a dream for me.

While not quite a raid boss, we'll see how the new J3-Golem is. It's supposed to be a test for larger bosses. Golem will be 5 stories tall (about 45-50 feet tall). If they could design a boss that's even as good as something from Lost Planet or Vanquish, I think we'll start to see some varied fights from the stuff we're used to.

We shouldn't look past that DE also has to address other things, such as the mediocre AI. They need to give enemies more awareness of how the player is playing, change up strategies, and also program in some mistakes. It makes them more human, which helps the feeling of playing against real players who make dumb decisions sometimes, or ones who are so good you wonder if they're cheating. I'm not against PvP in other games, and I like the dueling we have in the dojo. I think some expansion of dojo duels is all we need, with clan leaderboards and maybe even clan rewards and pots. Allow clans to set up their own rules and rewards, set up tournaments. It will give people something to do while bored with the usual runs. For others who will still enjoy the PvE, they'll likely be running some of the newer dynamic missions, rather than the ones we have now, which are being revamped. After that, if you're still bored, there are other games to play if you want a break. You don't have to stick to one game at a time.

While not quite a raid boss, we'll see how the new J3-Golem is. It's supposed to be a test for larger bosses. Golem will be 5 stories tall (about 45-50 feet tall). If they could design a boss that's even as good as something from Lost Planet or Vanquish, I think we'll start to see some varied fights from the stuff we're used to.

We shouldn't look past that DE also has to address other things, such as the mediocre AI. They need to give enemies more awareness of how the player is playing, change up strategies, and also program in some mistakes. It makes them more human, which helps the feeling of playing against real players who make dumb decisions sometimes, or ones who are so good you wonder if they're cheating. I'm not against PvP in other games, and I like the dueling we have in the dojo. I think some expansion of dojo duels is all we need, with clan leaderboards and maybe even clan rewards and pots. Allow clans to set up their own rules and rewards, set up tournaments. It will give people something to do while bored with the usual runs. For others who will still enjoy the PvE, they'll likely be running some of the newer dynamic missions, rather than the ones we have now, which are being revamped. After that, if you're still bored, there are other games to play if you want a break. You don't have to stick to one game at a time.

Brilliant, if de did this they would be satisfying both pvp and pve desires for the game.