Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Dojo Ideas From A Guildie

(XBOX)HumbleKnight

So I've played a lot of MMOs, created guilds, clans, free companies, etc., and I've seen many different takes on how they work. I love Warframe, and the dojo system, as it stands, is very lacking. I feel, however, that there are several ways that it can be fixed. Here are just a few things in mind:

Adding Orbiter decorations to the Dojo

There are many decoration items that we are able to use in the Orbiter that I feel would be even better used in the dojo. With how many different sections and hallways we are given in the dojo editor, wouldn't it be nice to put up one of the few poster items (Circle, Square. Etc.) that show off the many amazing fan art that has been done in those hallways/sections? What about putting shelves with the bobblehead-esque items in the Temple Of Honor to show off your collection? Trophies and captured animals from the Plains Of Eidolon? I feel like even though those decorations for our Orbiters are nice to have, they could be used to their full potential in our dojos.

Syndicates And You

Whenever you go to a relay, there are several areas dedicated to the syndicates that you can do missions for, earn faction-specific rewards, and so on. So what does this have to do with dojos? Syndicate Rooms. It would essentially work like the research rooms, except it would be tied to the Syndicate system that is already in place. Rewards could be anywhere from new decorations for both the orbiter/dojos, bonus perks specifically for that clan (an extra +5% to whatever syndicate), and even dojo resource rewards for the smaller tier clans.

Used Rooms For Sale

I know that many peeps would love to have rooms that are used in Relays, like the room where you can take on missions from the relay itself. That's pretty much it for that one. I don't think adding Baro or the other story-based characters to dojos would be wise, mainly because it would remove the reason to go to a relay.

Clan Perks

Using one of my favorite examples of guilds done right, I suggest adding perks to being in a clan to begin with. I know adding Barracks allows more people to join your clan/dojo, and using solar rails allows some perks, but I'm talking about unlockable perks through a recent addition, the Ascension Altar. After you reach a certain rank via the altar, why not allow some basic perks to that clan? Allow us to earn more credits or even affinity for earning rank in our clans. Maybe it can be altered, like a currency, so we can buy these perks to use for x amount of time? I feel like these would give more reason to being apart of a clan/dojo, instead of not joining one or quitting one after researching everything.

Plains Of Eidolon

This one will be rather quick as I feel like what can be added from this update to the dojos has already been said above. Obtainable décor from the Cetus should be available in the dojos, just like everything else that's available for the Orbiter. Just like the Syndicate Rooms, maybe you could add an ambassador for your dojo. Same sort of rewards from above, just biased around the PoE update.

Conclusion

I know I'm just a gamer, and I'm no developer or game designer. I'm not even a pro at this game (as you can tell by the terminology used above). I know that what I consider "simple fixes" could be complicated and might take a good while to work on. I just hope that this reaches not only to the amazing and talented peeps that worked on this game, but to the fans and awesome gamers that play Warframe, in hopes that we all can make dojos the social place that it can be.

Make Dojos Great Again

note: If I made mistakes on terminology or names of things, I am so sorry! D: