Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Defense - Bring Back The Challange

Fourdee

Three Suggestions to stop Defense games ending at wave 5:

At the end of every 5 waves, regardless if the user clicks "claim and exit" or "battle", the user should receive that reward.

- If the mission fails before the next 5 waves, roll back the XP rewards to the last completed wave of 10 (eg: fail at wave 14, roll back score/xp/rewards to wave 10)

- Wave 70+ rewards currently = Heated Charge. Come on guys, honestly. If you want us to keep playing, you'll need to reward something with a little more "respect" for those willing to put more in. A selection of items for the user to pick from would be "ideal", or even, prime bp's.

Edited by Fourdee

You really want more of a reason to play defense?

Welcome to Defenseframe!

Its the only challenge the game provides.

So yes, i do want more DefenseFrame, and, "better" rewards for those doing it.

Edited by Fourdee

And this is a better use of said time?

Why would i, the paying customer give a AAA games company new game mechanics to implement?

Theres about 0.001% chance a dev would actually read the idea, let alone, give credit to the original idea.

As for "improving" current mechanics, i have time for that, hence my original post.

And of course DE should make all frames to be as good and useful on high defense waves as Frost, Vauban, Nova, Nyx, Saryn, Rhino, Banshee.

Is Banshee supposed to be good on high levels? (That's a real question, I'm not being a $&*^).

Is Banshee supposed to be good on high levels? (That's a real question, I'm not being a $&*^).

Sonar is decent when used with a very specific set of weapons.

Edit: It'd probably be better if the Vauban (the one you are likely going to have in highlvl defense) uses a Vortex, which nullifies resistances/armor.

Edited by 101blubb

Its the only challenge the game provides.

So yes, i do want more DefenseFrame, and, "better" rewards for those doing it.

If you have continuously better challenges and better rewards you'll end up with exponential power creep. There should be diminishing returns, not linear returns, or there's power creep (diminishing returns still has power creep, but it's a creep rather than an explosion). There's already been one massive buff in mob levels. And it's starting to look like there needs to be another just to keep things interesting.