Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Endless missions within plains ?

Fihuren

Firstly, I don't know exactly if it's completely feedback or not, there is feedback in there, but it's not the major topic.
To begin with the plains, I would like to say that I will not considering bugs as an issue (since they will be, hopefully, fixed in the future).

From the time the plains came out I read (and answered, unfortunately) many many topics about the farm within the plains being too grindy or unrewarding, I wondered why bounties were so much depreciated compared to normal missions within the star chart. Then, I decided to analyse drop tables (you can find this here) :

But this one not the only issue of bounties (although it's a major one).
Still I was more frustrated when I ran a bounty 5 than a simple survival. Regarding the drop tables, they were pretty much the same in terms of quantity of farmable items, so why bounty 5 was more frustrating ?

The problem I have currently with the plains is that whatever you do, you have to enter, do your stuff, get out, repeat. When it's mining or fishing, it's not that much of a problem, but with wisp farm, bounties and eidolons, it is increasingly annoying the more you are farming, primarily because you are losing time to get in and out of the plains, but this isn't the only problem.
The problem you will have is that you are cutting yourself from a, idk how to say it, kind of "continuity of farming".

To be clear of what it is, I'll make a comparison : It's the same issue when you are running capture, extermination or mobile defence within fissures* instead of survival or defence.
Explanation : When you are running endless missions in fissures (or not), you know that you will stay there for an approximate duration that you have planned (like 20 min in survival for example), moreover when you know that you would get you get a bonus for the time/waves you are staying and opening relics, and even more when you are running for something else aside from the mission, whether it be resources or affinity.

This isn't the case when you are running a series of capture or extermination : you won't get any bonus (aside from credit bonus rewarded by the mission) for the number of mission you are running, you'd never have a total count of the things you had gathered (resources and/or affinity, which are hard to farm in non-endless mission btw), which is really important for the player**, and you'll never know how much time the missions will take, which is really important too.

TL;DR : non-endless missions won't reward you as high as endless for the time you spent in them.

Now that I have explained this, you understand that bounties are situated in the second category for the farming. (Please consider I don't have any problem with the content of bounties).

So here's my solution : consider adding (and not replacing current bounties) a kind of "endless" bounties. They could be based on tiers (like actual bounties) with the same drop tables (even with the same rotations that normal bounties). This could take many form : excavation (we saw them in ghoul purge), defence of a vault (with waves or timer, I'll let you decide which is the best), defence of position (like normal bounty, but with an increasing timer instead of a decreasing one), etc.

Thanks for reading anyway and feel free to comment as long as you respect me.

* I'm taking the example of fissure because it's one of the time you are running the same non-endless mission many times.

** In marketing, when you are looking at two prices you are less attracted by a single big number than a series of little numbers, even if the total of the little numbers is bigger than the big one. In the case of farming, you are more attracted by the big number than a series of smaller.

I totally agree with this. The only potential complication might be that higher-level enemies have to spawn (like in all endless missions) over time, and for an area as big as the plains, making all the enemies on the plains higher levels might complicate things.

I agree. This is one major aspect that they set out to fix (that tiring act of going in and out of missions, going in and out of a starchart). Instead, now it's going in and out of a gate. I hope that for venus, the good rewards are focused on the incursions, since that lends itself better towards the act of staying within the plains for a while.