Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Active Reloading

Duralumin

I think many people who have played recent TPS titles will know what I'm talking about here.

What if we were able to boost certain characteristics of our guns by partaking in an "active reload" system.

Basically, upon reload, the indicator shows an area within the circle where if we press the reload button AGAIN, then the gun gets a boost in something and is reloaded instantaneously.

The boosts could be unique to the guns as well, such as Energy Weapons like the Dera and Supra getting instantaneous travel time, or the Lanka getting instant charge up,the Grakata getting an increased Crit Chance and Crit Modifier OR the Snipetron getting zero recoil.

The buffs would be for a limited amount of time after reloading, so you couldn't store them.

Also gives room for potential mods, such as ones which widen the sweet spot or mods that extend the boost time.

Edited by Duralumin

Gears Of War perfected this.

If you hit the bar, your reload was faster, hit the perfect bar dead center, you did extra damage. 20% or so I think.

It really subtly made hardcore gamers better in terms of damage, without power creeping, as everyone can do it.

If done with a sniper it would down the player instead of severly hurt him. It was game changing, for sure!

+1 to this idea, I am all for this. I might post this in my "Mother Of All Rants" thread if you don't mind!

I'd prefer not to credit anyone....

I won't use the idea if I have to credit you, sorry. Bragging rights for good ideas aren't welcome.

I would credit Gears of War for introducing the mechanic.

What's so bad on writing "Duralumin had an idea to introduce into Warframe active reloading mechanic used in such good games like Gears of War."