Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

So, You Fixed Up The Warframe Models?

Narroo

It looks like the warframe models have been touched up.  Neat, and mostly good, except one thing:

The Rhino's crotch plate: It seems to have been shrunk and messed around with a bit.  I'd like the old crotch plate back.

The connection of the crotch plate to the tail bone armor is nice, but I want the old crotch plate back.

The new plate doesn't really fit into the thighs, and the way the face is perfectly flat looks odd.  The plate no longer seems to fit in properly and looks a bit uncomfortable, and silly.  What do you think?

EDIT: I stand corrected. The truth is that the new stances reposition model parts in  such a way that it creates the illusion of the models having changed.  To be fair, it tricked me and a few friends.  Eitherway, the new Rhino stance does look a bit silly.  Why is he so bow-legged?

Edited by Narroo

Nothing has changed only the difference in stance. I can confirm this with old steam screenshots.

EDIT: It still looks like he's about to fall over backwards in his new stance...

Also checked again and yes the model is the same. His legs are only farther apart. So it gives that illusion apparently.

Edited by R3leaZ

Nothing has changed only the difference in stance. I can confirm this with old steam screenshots.

EDIT: It still looks like he's about to fall over backwards in his new stance...

Also checked again and yes the model is the same. His legs are only farther apart. So it gives that illusion apparently.

Me and a friend of mine were looking at this earlier, and we both agreed that the models for many of the frames seemed to be changed in some minor details.  But maybe it's an illusion?  I can say that the crotch plate is oriented differently; the face of the plate now is vertical, instead of slanted, which I think looks a tad bit silly. (In fact, you know how everyone makes fun of the "horn?"  I think the horn pointing straight down looks even worse in that respect because now if "points" in the direction of that "thing"  Having the slant and what-not made it more armor like to me.  In general, I think the plate needs to be slanted again and the sides need to be concave to fit his thighs.  And make the thing slightly longer. 

At the moment, the Rhino's armor looks unbalanced aesthetically.  He's got plenty of armor protruding on his torso, back, and legs.  Then there's the plate which suddenly recedes a bit (Because it's not slanted out anymore.)  It looks off to me.

And yes, this is a minor detail, but the Rhino is my favorite frame both visually and in game play, so I figured I'd mention something.

Oh, anyone notice anything else?  Is it me, or have the Nova's forearms gotten a bit larger?  I had another friend complaining about that after the patch.  It could be just her new stance, but perhaps they tweeked that?

Me and a friend of mine were looking at this earlier, and we both agreed that the models for many of the frames seemed to be changed in some minor details.  But maybe it's an illusion?  I can say that the crotch plate is oriented differently; the face of the plate now is vertical, instead of slanted, which I think looks a tad bit silly. (In fact, you know how everyone makes fun of the "horn?"  I think the horn pointing straight down looks even worse in that respect because now if "points" in the direction of that "thing"  Having the slant and what-not made it more armor like to me.  In general, I think the plate needs to be slanted again and the sides need to be concave to fit his thighs.  And make the thing slightly longer. 

At the moment, the Rhino's armor looks unbalanced aesthetically.  He's got plenty of armor protruding on his torso, back, and legs.  Then there's the plate which suddenly recedes a bit (Because it's not slanted out anymore.)  It looks off to me.

And yes, this is a minor detail, but the Rhino is my favorite frame both visually and in game play, so I figured I'd mention something.

Oh, anyone notice anything else?  Is it me, or have the Nova's forearms gotten a bit larger?  I had another friend complaining about that after the patch.  It could be just her new stance, but perhaps they tweeked that?

Nothing has changed. The new stances make everything look terribly awkward. Rhino's stance looks like he's leaning way too much backwards and is about to fall over.

Old stance

http://cloud-2.steampowered.com/ugc/577861582757726051/E9D8897AD8DFB1CCCCC7BEF360678972F6A50390/

New Stance

http://cloud-2.steampowered.com/ugc/615025248174196426/01137FB00CE4555D6C7288E0F3D154F4874ACEDB/

Most new stances look horribly unnatural and the models look completely wrong with them.

Edited by R3leaZ

Nothing has changed. The new stances make everything look terribly awkward. Rhino's stance looks like he's leaning way too much backwards and is about to fall over.

Old stance

http://cloud-2.steampowered.com/ugc/577861582757726051/E9D8897AD8DFB1CCCCC7BEF360678972F6A50390/

New Stance

http://cloud-2.steampowered.com/ugc/615025248174196426/01137FB00CE4555D6C7288E0F3D154F4874ACEDB/

Most new stances look horribly unnatural and the models look completely wrong with them.

Ah, I see now.  The way the body parts clip each other makes the models look different.  For instance, if you look at the shoulder area in these pictures, you can see that the shoulder pads in the new are covering details you could see in the old stance.  All the parts have been moved in such a weird way that it looks like the model is different.

Aside from that, why is the Rhino standing that way in the new stance?  He looks like he's about to waddle his way towards me or something.  He appears to be suffering from bowlegs or something.