Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Improvement and the end of an era: tilesets-secrets-glitches

Serdinor_Darkrose

You may be wondering what this is about. It's a small preface to something I'd like to release soon for DE (assuming I'll completely finish it since more get added every week or need to be removed) which is basically my small casual search over these 2 years of gameplay about map tilesets and where-how you can glitch outside them, or in them for that matter. It includes where this can occur, how to replicate it (it has to happen consistently and by natural means such as sliding etc) and how it affects gameplay if at all (most don't but some can). There are probably more that won't be included cause even if I search every nook and cranny in maps I obviously still miss things. In any case, after all's done and archived DE will probably patch the maps and that'll be the end of it (the end of an era if you will, from when Warframe had glitchy maps). At the end of the day this was done for personal amusement and to help the company I respect patch the game eventually. Anyway here's a good example of what I mean (which was patched in the last year or so):

Europa open area, you could hop up here:

ScVejrn.jpg

and simply walk outside

mYure9S.jpg

VaCYd59.jpg

Another way out was through the ceiling in the middle of the area walking on the beams and bullet jump out. Both of these have been patched and I can confirm since I tried to replicate it for an hour (plus) after a long time for the archive. There are now invisible walls in both those spots that prevent you from doing so. Anyways, moving on.

A lot of the patched ones were things like that, basically in places that you couldn't go without bullet jump or in very "obvious" areas a player might try to go (here's were I should laugh cause there are some seriously obvious ones not patched yet). The archive was like 40+ things from a year ago and shrank eventually. So if anyone wants to keep *@##$ing in the forums that "DE delays things and does nothing" keep in mind the things you don't see like this example above get patched. Some of the patched ones were game-breaking loops. They're doing more work than you think.

So the first part of this post you could say it's an appreciation letter cause re-testing those things after a while and seeing them gone makes me happy they put in the effort. It also makes me a bit sad which brings me to the second part. Like I said that'll be the end of an era eventually were every map will have no blind spots. And I hope DE eventually sees there are people out there who will spend 3 hours in a tileset checking out everything for the shake of exploration. There are a lot of secret places already in the game and those who search for them know, hell I still find secret rooms 2 years after! My point is, I'd like to see more. Finding a way to glitch out of the map is fun and you can consider it a secret room. But it's not. I like those blind spots, you get to appreciate map-building through them seeing the lines and the process that goes behind some tilesets, but I'd like for us to get more real secret areas and not glitch-secrets. If DE wants to keep some of these and add secrets there all the better imo. At the end of the day I'm not one to decide. I've had my fair share of those places and some will be missed when patched, but here's to hopefully something new added in their place. Otherwise it's just improvement, bland yet necessary, even if the game will be a bit less fun afterwards.

(Also I have no idea where to eventually give the archive, in the forums it will cause in-game abuse till the patches drop and Support is a mess sometimes, if anyone from the mods etc has any ideas hit me up, it'll probably be ready this month)

Tenno out.

try lua pavlov

the one room with those spinning platforms (which are bugged aswell)

go to the side with the scanning enemies

on the outer wall a bit upwards there is a passage where you can walk (they tried to fix it so if you jump out it will count as out of bounds) out of the map and see it from the outside (it looks hilarious on the top)

51 minutes ago, NeoSmile said:

try lua pavlov

the one room with those spinning platforms (which are bugged aswell)

go to the side with the scanning enemies

on the outer wall a bit upwards there is a passage where you can walk (they tried to fix it so if you jump out it will count as out of bounds) out of the map and see it from the outside (it looks hilarious on the top)

""patched"" = still 2/3 ways to get outside that tileset (unless you can maneuver precisely on the ceiling and still use 3/3)

Probably one of the best though, you get the whole view for the entire tileset in and out and cannot be abused as well.