Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Make It Possible To Get Platinum Credits For Free

Jpv21

However you can get every frame and weapon. You are getting an amazing game with a TON of content for free, so it's hard for you to complain that it costs a couple bucks to play the game while KEEPING everything.

I want to keep everything. What's the point of unlocking everything if you can only hold a fourth (or less) of everything at one time? I've said this before and I'll say it again, "winning" in Warframe is the process of unlocking stuff. By making those slots platinum only, you are making the game pay to win. Period. It's not pay to get power, it's pay to get choice - and is that any better than the former? Warframe is a game that is designed around choice in its crafting system and its method of unlocking new frames and weapons; such a core concept must be free of pay walls.

Edited by arisaka

I want to keep everything. What's the point of unlocking everything if you can only hold a fourth (or less) of everything at one time? I've said this before and I'll say it again, "winning" in Warframe is the process of unlocking stuff. By making those slots platinum only, you are making the game pay to win. Period. It's not pay to get power, it's pay to get choice - and is that any better than the former?

Warframe's progression is unlocking stuff, you say? I beg to differ, Warframe's Progression is by mastering weapons. Not Hoarding them. You don't get mastery xp by amassing weapons in your storage. Mastery XP is gained from levelling equipment. You don't need to keep weapons in your inventory for the mastery XP to take effect. Get stuff to max rank, and sell them for space to level more weapons.

Keeping maxed equipment is not required for progression, levelling them is.

Warframe is a game that is designed around choice in its crafting system and its method of unlocking new frames and weapons; such a core concept must be free of pay walls.

We don't need to pay to access normal missions, planets past Earth, Void areas. We don't need to pay ANYTHING to get the weapons, what we need to pay for is the ability to KEEP them. What we're paying for is their server storage space for all those weapons we want to keep.

Wait for a 50% coupon to pop up, and bloody buy some Plat.

The only things exclusive to platinum are slots and color palettes. Color palettes are purely cosmetic and have no bearing on the game. Slots offer no in game advantage, purely the convenience of not having to sell older items. If you didn't buy slots with your starter plat that's your mistake. Everything else is accessible without paying: every level, every frame and every weapon.

Although I'd say platinum prices do need a rebalancing, with the availability of coupons they're slightly better. Founders is also a good deal at the moment. Offering platinum for free though is not going to happen though.

I want to keep everything. What's the point of unlocking everything if you can only hold a fourth (or less) of everything at one time? I've said this before and I'll say it again, "winning" in Warframe is the process of unlocking stuff. By making those slots platinum only, you are making the game pay to win. Period. It's not pay to get power, it's pay to get choice - and is that any better than the former? Warframe is a game that is designed around choice in its crafting system and its method of unlocking new frames and weapons; such a core concept must be free of pay walls.

While i have every frame at once, there is no reason to do that. There are only a few frames I use often and I only have like one loadout or 2 that i keep all the time. I sell most things.