Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Events: Don't Do Back-To-Back Of Same Exact Event

OaKLeYz

The last event was Operation Sling-stone two weeks ago. I look at the event as what type of game-play are you doing. Here's how it went-

Operation Sling-stone

1. Farm resources from a specific enemy to later be used on a special mission

2. Speed run through the map and complete the objective (killing enemies will prevent you from completing the map the fastest so avoid that)

3. Repeat for the weekend duration

Fast forward two weeks to this weekend and we have a "NEW" event-

Operation Arid Fear

1. Farm resources from specific alerts to allow you to access a special mission

2. Speed run through the map and complete the objective (killing enemies other than objective will set you back so avoid that)

3. Repeat for the 6 days of the event

See many differences?! I don't! So very, very confused as to the purpose of these events.

Edited by OaKLeYz

the sling stone event was great and i loved though the rewards where a bit crap.

This one was a major FAIL for them it was almost the same as the last one like you said and the rewards again where crap it was also a crap game mechanic i mean the void missions where so easy that i soloed them and killed almost everything in 5 mins

one thing they need to do with these is to be ORIGINAL

I agree, it is a little bland, but the devs are still just humans too. You should suggest something you might find fun and enjoy doing as an event. Think about it in their chair, maybe it'll become an idea. It's easy to criticize something but it's nicer to come up with an idea for it.

Give them a break at least they did something. You have a point but honestly just chill dude.

I would rather there be no event. sometimes i need a break from doing all these missions and i always get annoyed when they pop up and have something planned but i am usually won over by the game play mechanic (Sling stone and informer) but this one dissaponted me

I agree, it is a little bland, but the devs are still just humans too. You should suggest something you might find fun and enjoy doing as an event. Think about it in their chair, maybe it'll become an idea. It's easy to criticize something but it's nicer to come up with an idea for it.

anything more multiplayer based, everyone gets same rewards based on overall contrubution and BETTER REWARDS!!!!

...and the rewards again where crap it was also a crap game mechanic i mean the void missions where so easy that i soloed them and killed almost everything in 5 mins

Wait, you consider those rewards to be crap? Those are some slick mods! Well, to each his own.

Wait, you consider those rewards to be crap? Those are some slick mods! Well, to each his own.

unless your dr who or you do this for a living there is no way your going to get 50 points let alone 100 and i would rather have my indivudal rederection and vitallity mods

anything more multiplayer based, everyone gets same rewards based on overall contrubution and BETTER REWARDS!!!!

Actually this is what DE needs to veer away from. Giving everyone the same rewards for overall contribution actually doesn't do anything to promote playing the game. Not to mention the folks who have stated time and again that there needs to be more individual motivation.

Seeing some big progress meter go up for the entire game feels like nothing. Your contribution will be a drop in the bucket. Even the guy with first place on the leaderboards is a tiny tiny percentage of the entire game. Overall contribution means so little. Giving players individual rewards based on challenge is the way to go. Players can push themselves as far as they want. I don't mean for them to solo, but for them to drive themselves to play, whether solo or with others. When they have individual motivation, they will know when to stop and go.

unless your dr who or you do this for a living there is no way your going to get 50 points let alone 100 and i would rather have my indivudal rederection and vitallity mods

Mate, did you even try doing the void runs in a group? I snatched 100 points in couple hours after the new rewards was posted.

Your response appears to be directed at different things. You stated you had an issue with the rewards, but you seemed to mean you had an issue with the method of obtaining the rewards. And now your last few words address that you also seem to dislike them even and favor worse mods (that also stack, btw, not that you always need maxed out Redirection/Vitality). 

Mate, did you even try doing the void runs in a group? I snatched 100 points in couple hours after the new rewards was posted.

Your response appears to be directed at different things. You stated you had an issue with the rewards, but you seemed to mean you had an issue with the method of obtaining the rewards. And now your last few words address that you also seem to dislike them even and favor worse mods (that also stack, btw, not that you always need maxed out Redirection/Vitality). 

A: how? i did 6 of them in a group and i have......wait...... 6 points is this part of the new update (exstension) where you get more points

B: Hit the nail on the head mate i dont like rewards,method of obtainng rewards and favor worse mods.

Actually this is what DE needs to veer away from. Giving everyone the same rewards for overall contribution actually doesn't do anything to promote playing the game. Not to mention the folks who have stated time and again that there needs to be more individual motivation.

Seeing some big progress meter go up for the entire game feels like nothing. Your contribution will be a drop in the bucket. Even the guy with first place on the leaderboards is a tiny tiny percentage of the entire game. Overall contribution means so little. Giving players individual rewards based on challenge is the way to go. Players can push themselves as far as they want. I don't mean for them to solo, but for them to drive themselves to play, whether solo or with others. When they have individual motivation, they will know when to stop and go.

C: Of course i dont mean you dont do anything you have to be an active conributer you cant go "Oh event well il go play with the pixes while you get the rewards" and the progress meater goes up very high very quickly. even if there is a drop in the bucket imagne how many people will play when they find out that you get the SAME rewards from contributing 

A: how? i did 6 of them in a group and i have......wait...... 6 points is this part of the new update (exstension) where you get more points

B: Hit the nail on the head mate i dont like rewards,method of obtainng rewards and favor worse mods.

C: Of course i dont mean you dont do anything you have to be an active conributer you cant go "Oh event well il go play with the pixes while you get the rewards" and the progress meater goes up very high very quickly. even if there is a drop in the bucket imagne how many people will play when they find out that you get the SAME rewards from contributing 

A: Sounds like possibly a bug? I did two runs after the second phase started and we got 3 and 4 points (the 3 points was from one of the scouts getting to the console and escaping before we even got to the room he was in). It's the same as when the event started. You get points for the number of scouts you capture, and you only get as many scouts as there are players in your squad. You also can't let any of them escape, because they can, especially if they are near a door when they are alerted.

C: I can answer what would happen if all you had to do was contribute and get the same thing: You would get most players doing the bare minimum and stopping. It already happens now, except the extra rewards give purpose to play more (call it grinding, whatever). I have a few friends who just hopped into one of our Void runs, played one map, and stopped. They're happy with the one rare mod they're getting. Don't put it past most folks to do the same if all you had to do was participate and get all the rewards. Rewards should be just that: they reward you for your participation, skill, dedication. The numbers can be debated (maybe 100 is too much for this event?) but the point is that DE needs to give people more for doing more. People are lazy and will do the bare minimum otherwise, save for a select few. Feel free to do the same with this event and just get one cool rare mod. That thing is better than Metal Auger!

A: Sounds like possibly a bug? I did two runs after the second phase started and we got 3 and 4 points (the 3 points was from one of the scouts getting to the console and escaping before we even got to the room he was in). It's the same as when the event started. You get points for the number of scouts you capture, and you only get as many scouts as there are players in your squad. You also can't let any of them escape, because they can, especially if they are near a door when they are alerted.

C: I can answer what would happen if all you had to do was contribute and get the same thing: You would get most players doing the bare minimum and stopping. It already happens now, except the extra rewards give purpose to play more (call it grinding, whatever). I have a few friends who just hopped into one of our Void runs, played one map, and stopped. They're happy with the one rare mod they're getting. Don't put it past most folks to do the same if all you had to do was participate and get all the rewards. Rewards should be just that: they reward you for your participation, skill, dedication. The numbers can be debated (maybe 100 is too much for this event?) but the point is that DE needs to give people more for doing more. People are lazy and will do the bare minimum otherwise, save for a select few. Feel free to do the same with this event and just get one cool rare mod. That thing is better than Metal Auger!

A: was a bug i tried later and got 4,1,1,3,2 and a buggy number of 47 (didnt count :(