Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

[SUGGESTION] Primed Gear and Prime Vault

Dalmentir

Hi,

English isn't my native language, I'll do my best to be clear and I apologize for the mistake I'll do.

I remember the old orokin system and the headache I had trying to get the prime I wanted, the new system was great but new relics, and new primes make the vaulted gear rotation needed and still frustrating. I understand we can't have all prime available if we don't want to make hundred of runs just to get the relic we want (and still not drop the wanted prime) but maybe the new system is starting to reaching the end of it possibilities.

So I had an idea (a good one ? I still don't know, you tell me) that could perhaps solve the vaulted gear issue that my new players friends suffer. And maybe add some new high level mission.

Let me explain what is my impression of the current system first : We got uncountable relics having rotation and being dropable from coutless differents missions to have huge amount of prime, that's a cool thing, the game is rich (but maybe a little too much for new player =P ) but the vaulted gear is an issue for non regular old players and new players. I still have relics for the first vaulted gear so I don't really care, but when the 3rd friend ask me to make him have Volt Prime... well ... don't have that much relics xD

There could be a way to make everyone happy, by having a new way to farm prime gear with a new mission system, let's go back to the good old T1 / T2 / T3 and T4 keys. Each mission in the system can permit a drop of one of these based on the mission level (let's block it on rotation C for exemple, with higher chance from endless mission)

So we got 4 keys, for an uncountable amout of void possible drop, how stupid I am ? First let's talk about void traces (I didn't forget this cuties ^^). When you got your key, it will have a randomly generated drop table with one blank socket where you can spend your void traces to define a specific drop choosed by the player. I imagine something like actual relic, with the rare slot player based. No longer key rafinery, as the drop rate of the rare (player choosed item) will depend of the tier of the key.

For exemple, I drop a T1 key with 5 random drops, I want ... let's say... Rhino Prime. I'll spend 100 void trace to add ... let's say the BP to the rare slot, and I go to T1 void mission to open it. Unlucky, got an other drop, I still can sell it to other players or for ducats, or keep it for when I'll want to craft the prime.

We can imagine that there is always a forma in the common section of the drop table.

Now let's talk about mission, as prime quest should be (imo) reserved to average to advanced players, let's drasticaly improve the difficulty of the tiers, so advanced players can have more fun playing together and it can avoid them to rush 3 new players with expert mission. For exemple T1 can be lv 20-30 and T4 lv 100+. I think a player who can't do a mission lv 30+ (so not the highest difficulty of the system) shouldn't consider yet to farm prime stuff.

Regarding the droptable of the different keys, why not keep the actual system - ish, a T1 can have the same rare drop as a regular relic (2%) and a T4 have the Radiant drop rate (10%), I think it's fair, so T4 keys are hard but easier to get the desired loot, but it's still not an autodrop.

Conclusion,  with this system, you can add tons of prime over the years without having to Vault more and more stuff and players will always be able to get what they want (easely or not, cash shopping or not, let's not forget that you have to earn money too =P).

Hope I explained it good, I look forward for feedbacks from everyone, as I said, it's how I imagine the system, in my head it sound like a great idea, but hey ! it can be stupid and awfull, I'm ready to ear it and to see ideas and suggestions about it :)

Edited by Dalmentir