Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Ideas About Improved Host Management

Mondragor

Greetings everyone,

First of all: Warframe is a really nice game, I really enjoy to play it.

I want to share some ideas about "host controlling" to make it (maybe) a little bit "nicer".

Why is this useful?

Example:

A member of our clan has a really bad internet-connection (strong enougth to maintain his connection to another host, but not strong enougth to maintain traffic to be the host of a game (lags are to hard)).

Problem:

E.g. if we want to start a void-run, the host player must have the void key, so we can't use the keys of the clan-member with the bad connection.

Ideas how to solve this:

First idea:

Split of "host"-player and "game-leader". The game-leader is the player who have i.e. a void key and the abillity to invite other players. the host is only the "server" for the other players (the player the other party-members are connecting to). The host can be selected automatically (e.g. the user with the best ping in the group)

Second idea:

possibility to see which member of a party is the host-player and to have the option to delegate it to another player (host migration controllable by player).

Regards Mondragor

Edited by Mondragor

I totally agree with Mondragors idea. The problems with lagging hosts are a really dumping the gaming fun - and the user has no option to circumvent them. Not only in groups created by the players, even the random group finder seems to be skilled to connect me to people which games are lagging in a way it becomes unplayable (did you ever wait in front of a door for 30 seconds? Its really annoying).

As the functionality for a host migration is already present, i imagine that it would not be to difficult to provide a button which triggers it.

OR....another solution to the same problem is to implement trading / gift giving.  Then the guy with the bad connection can give the key to the guy wit the good connection.

This approach would only solve the hosting of voids, not the problems with random groups hosted by a player with a bad connection - but a nice try to vote for a trading system :-)  - I am missing that feature too.