Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Resource Alerts

soolar

Recently there have been a lot of alerts for resources. This might have always been a common occurrence and I just didn't notice, but I had some thoughts on expanding on this.

Personally, I wind up getting bored to death farming resources, and see these alerts as a way more fun way to get some. But the extra you get from the alert itself is usually pretty negligible unless it's for a rare resource, where 1 is plenty.

I think it would be interesting and really fun if there were certain alerts that would only have one type of resource show up as a drop. Like an alert where all resource drops are ferrite, or morphics (needless to say in that case the drops would be less frequent than on say, the ferrite one), so when you need a ton of one resource, rather than having to tediously open every container on some regular mission just to find that 80% of the resources you find aren't the one you wanted, you could go on a mission every now and then where 100% of the resources you find are exactly what you want!

Personally I think that would be a lot more valuable than alerts with just credits attached.

At the very least I think it would be cool if all alerts that didn't have some other special prize had a resource attached. Whenever I see an alert with just credits attached, I'm pretty much completely disinterested, whereas with the resource alerts I know I'm at least making some progress towards something I'm trying to build too, with much more variety and interest than just farming the same mission over and over again because it has the best drop rate for that resource.