Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Clanfunded Foundry, Mod Collection, etc...?

ClaraVitalia

I was thinking that it would be neat to have a crowdfunding system for a foundry in the Dojo. Like, members with the "Foundry Projects" permission can put forth personal projects to the Clan Foundry, which other clan members can donate to. So say someone wants to make a TON of Large Energy Restores. But oh no! They're out of Polymer! They put the Large Energy Restore blueprint in the Clan Foundry, and their clanmates can donate to the build! Maybe increase the crafting requirements based on the tier of the clan. And include a minimum required deposit of credits/materials for the person starting the project, on top of however much is needed to complete the actual build. As a balancing factor, (so people don't just laze about and make their clannies do all the work), maybe they only have a certain amount of projects that they can submit per day/week/month? Maybe base it on their MR? As a side note, an EXP/rep system with Clans would be neat, too, a la WoW. That way, if your clan rep is higher, you have more allotments of Clan Foundry projects that you can submit/claim? As an added bonus, make it so you can use it like a normal Foundry, too. That way, you can spend more time in your Dojo and not have to leave to go collect Foundry projects and stuff. This could also come with a Mod Collection, too, that functions in the same way; people can put in mods they want maxed and people can donate to it with increased cost, or have a clan Mod Vault, which people can donate to and people with the right permission/high enough clan rep can collect mods out of. Something like that.

This is just a generalized idea, but I think it would help incentivize newbies to join clans, encourage clans to help each other out, and take the edge off of the grind for some items. I know some of my clannies have an absolute TON of Polymer, and I have almost none because I build so many freaking Energy Restores. Yeah, that example I gave above was from personal experience... lol

But yeah. More function to the Dojo that could also include a rep system to help control and not completely trivialize the grindy nature of the game. (Which somehow actually makes this game more fun... Somehow. lol)

Anyway, that's my idea. Well, multiple ideas. I just made the title of this "Clanfunded Foundry Idea", but I might have to change it now... What is everyone else's thoughts on it? Would it completely defeat the purpose of farming mats/Endo/etc? Or could we make it work? I'd love to get a discussion going on this. =D?

Cheers!

- 2br02b, 2018

Edited by LordClaros